JUST BORED PART 83

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 302
ok guys...im bored...so can someone explain some stuff to me lol...like...i dont even know...anything that they have questions on and this can be like a thread for helping out nooblets like me lol

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 308
what is the difference between mechanical and thermal things

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 375
if you're bored...go here:

www.everyvideogame.com

That site has almost every single NES game ever made...some guy in my dorm showed it to me and now just about everyone in the dorm is hooked!!!

...and now if you will excuse me, i have to get back to playing contra...hehehe :-)

(up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,select,start)if you remember that code you are a true contra player...lmao

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 847
Thermal ratings have to do with how many watts you can run through the voice coils before you fry or melt them.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 310
how do you know

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3343
Thermal power handling:
Rating based solely on the amount of power that the voice coil of a speaker can handle.

Mechanical power handling:
Dependant on enclosure and also the frequency. In sealed enclosures, this is usually reached at resonance of the enclosure. With enough power at that point, the sub goes to maximum excursion. With ported boxes, it is typically reached either below tuning or with huge amounts of power such as in SPL competitions. The lower the frequency, the more excursion is required to reach a given SPL at that frequency.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 377
thermal ratings are how much power a sub is rated for "thermally"...just like Joe said. its how much heat the VC can take for a given amount of time.

mechanical ratings is a power rating that can change depending on the type of enclosure the sub is in. for example:

a 10" brandX sub can handle 300wrms in a 1cuft sealed box and it will stay within its machanical excursion limits during normal use...but the same sub can only machanically handle 150wrms in a 3cuft sealed box. The air in the 3cuft box doesnt provide as strong of a suspension as the 1cuft box, thus the sub will move more freely in the larger box. I may only take 1/2 the power to get to sub to full excursion.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 378
johnathan...ya beat me...lol

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 852
I beat you both and you know it. I just failed to explain... extensivley, lol.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1161
yeah you can always count on Jon the big man for the in depth analysis report. lol! I love it.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 419
OK any of yall heard of Kove Audio, the armegedon series specifically. I went to a comp recently and one 12" hit 155 db. I also know some who knows someone that has 4 15" armegedon series subs with 2 orion reds 2500 or wutever. I was just wondering if any of yall heard of them or know of them cuz yall never talk about them.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 861
i have, but never heard one. suposed to be awesome subs, juust liike tc sounds and sound splinter, and incriminator audio, and kove, and , awesome stuff, just not dicussed.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 420
dam only one person, alot of people at the comp had kove audio subs and they all did pretty good. i figured yall would have more to say about em, o well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us