Viper 791

Unregistered guest
i bought a new viper 791 ( car alarm and starter w\ pager thing ) i payed 223.00, i this a good alarm and did i get a good deal
shawn ballinger
thug_ak47_9@hotmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 120
yes to the 1st and yes to the 2nd.
not quite as good a deal as i got.. $219.99
heh heh :-)

i see those all over from $220 - $450
it'll take you about 3 hours (if you know what your doing) to install..

Unregistered guest
I have installed a 791 in my truck, but I am confused about the blue/white wire. Where does it go, the book shows a switch but I can not figure it out. Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
are you talking about the
"H3/1 blue/white (-) status output" wire?

you would use that if you have a sensor (2nd shock, microwave, ETC..) that you want to bypass when you activate the remote start, so it dosen't trigger the alarm. or, if you want the re-arm the factory system when you shut down the remote start. if you aren't goint to do either of those things, cut the wire and tape it up and forget about it.

hope that helps.

Unregistered guest
so u do think it is worth it money and will be a good alarm and keep people out of my car. do these alarm seem to last 4 a min.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
i have the same alarm in my truck.
the viper brand is good. i've had several different models (300esp, 550esp, and the 791xv)
the 1st, 300, i had for over two years, and the 550 i've had for over 3(wife's car), each with no problems (shorts, anything melting, false triggers, stop working etc..). so it should last you quite some time.
the benefits of going with a (more expensive) bigname brand ofer the cheaper brand is that the company will be there in many years if you need to get parts, or service on it.
forget it lasting a minute, think hours :-)

Unregistered guest
Actually it is the remote start activation input on H1/3. I know this is why my system will not remote start. How do I provide a 2 consecutive ground pulse to use remote start?

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
Ah, that wire is if you want something else to activate your remote start. it does the same thing as pressing the * 2x on the remote. since your using it by itself, just cut, tape and forget that wire.
when you say it won't start, what does it do?
what do you have the h3/5 hooked up to?

what is year/make/model? so i know what i working on.

Unregistered guest
I did finally figure out what I was doing wrong. I did not have the neutral safety wire grounded. I did that and of course it worked. Now I have to diode isolate all my doors so I can use the "open door" wires. My question today is, how do I diode isolate? Do I run a diode between the alarm and the door or is there more to it.

Unregistered guest
hey TUndra1 next time start your own trend

Unregistered guest
yea it is the 791xv

aznson01
Unregistered guest
how bout u guys paid next to nothing for the alarm, but i promise you the instal isnt even close to the instal of mine, i paid 585 after taxes, yes 585 stock viper 791, no voice, LEDs, extra pagers, or automatic roll downs... i mean cheap is always good, but if your wires can be found and cut, what good is your alarm? promised, you can't find a wire in my car to do with the alarm/ IM me on aznson01 if you don't believe

angry_dwarf
Unregistered guest
Er, that's about the going price of that alarm installed.

The price that we paid for ours was just for the unit. I mean you think yours is that good.
they pop your hood and cut the battery and your alarm your bragging about with the "hidden wires that can't be cut" is worthless. and that's the same with any alarm (unless it has battery backup).
So i am basically reading you bragging about paying more that us to get the same thing that we paid about 1/2 the price you did.

Good Job!!!

garmerr
Unregistered guest
I have a Viper 771xv that was installed about 3 months ago. It works great, but lately I have been getting a weird response from the remote. Basically, after I open the car locks with the remote, I get standard response from the remote. Then, about 15 seconds later, there is a single beep (with no lights flashing) this reapeats 3 times, then it stops. The same thing happens when I lock the doors. What is my remote trying to tell me? Are my batteries low?

john jr
Unregistered guest
i have all of yall beat i paid 177.29 for my viper 791 uninstalled wanna knoe something find a friend at bestbuy and get them to buy it alot less money

barry1975
Unregistered guest
I got you all beat. Best buy took so long on my install, and scratched a tiny scratch in the dash, which isn't even noticeable, so they knoched $250 off the price of the alarm...lol...Gotta love human err...

Unregistered guest
I got the viper 791xv alarm but when I activate the alram and leave my car and return to it after 10 hours it doesn't work and my work is actually 13 miles away. My alarm does not turn off and just keeps on ringing I got the brain mounted higher under the dashboard but that doesn't help. What should I do is the computer messed up or is it because the remote needs to have constant with the car??

Unregistered guest
I have the viper 791xv and installed the remote start-up. When I hit the remote start-up, the starter engages, but the engine doesn't continue running. Somebody, please help.

cmr1184
Unregistered guest
Anyone think it would be difficult to install the window control for the aux. button? I had the alarm installed by a professional and paid close to 600 for it. is this next step a tough on to do on your own?

cmr1184
Unregistered guest
Anyone think it would be difficult to install the window control for the aux. button? I had the alarm installed by a professional and paid close to 600 for it. is this next step a tough on to do on your own?

Unregistered guest
shawn ballinger
Ps1k0
where did you guys get them for so cheap?

Unregistered guest
Add to angry_dwarf
they pop your hood and cut the battery and your alarm your bragging about with the "hidden wires that can't be cut" is worthless. and that's the same with any alarm (unless it has battery backup). even with a backup battery is can be shorted out by using a drycell battery and hooking a neg. end on one side of the frame and pos.to the other side and no alarm at all!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us