Hey guys... one more question!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Chada08

Post Number: 49
Hey wanted to let u guys know i finally got all my stuff put it.. it sounds GREAT! I'm still workin on all the little tweakings and what not, and so far i've realized one thing. My low bass notes (such and the drum hittin) come out real loud, but then the higher bass notes (like the bass guitar) aren't very loud. I was thinkin a few things, such as maby turn the gain down a little and using more bass from the headunit for the 6x9s, or turn my crossover up a little bit on the amp. any suggestions? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 372
Also, in some head unit's, they have a setting to help that!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 513
yeah sub control's on the head unit dont know if your has it or not. What is your Low pass x-over set at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
My headunit doesn't, it's just a baisc JVC, nothing special. The crossover i believe is set at around 80, i haven't really had a chance to check it out yet. Just got it installed yesterday and i've been busy lol

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 526
80 is good for subs. I would mess around with it and see what you can do with different settings.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1359
"such as maby turn the gain down a little and using more bass from the headunit for the 6x9s", you shouldn't be using the gain/level control that way. It's only to be used to match your HU's preout voltage to your amp's input. Using it incorrectly will damage your amp.
As for your bass, if you're missing out on some frequency, it's cause you have set your low pass crossover too low. If you set it around 100hz - 120hz, you should hear the guitar loud. That also means you no longer will get "soft" bass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Thanks man... yeah i figured that playin with the crossover was the right way to go, and not the gain lol. What do you mean by "you no longer will get soft bass?"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1361
By setting the crossover to 80hz or below, you tend to get "soft" bass from your subs. I had mine around 70hz and it produced nice low bass. By setting it higher, above 100hz, you get higher bass notes mixed in. They tend to overpower the "soft" bass.
Experiment with it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Ok.... i still don't understand what you mean by the term "soft bass"... just the lower notes? i'll try and play around with it this weekend.

mr.softie
Unregistered guest
I like soft bass :-)
Hey Isaac, do u think one 12" Type R with 300 Watts runnin to it will hit good soft lows?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1362
Anything is possible as long as the sub has the right box. 300w rms of pure power is more than enough. A lot of cheap amps will say 300w - 1000w, but that's power mixed with distortion.
When a low drum makes a sound, you hear the full beat. With every beat, there's the high bass, mid bass and low bass. Setting your crossover to 80hz or below will zero in on the low bass, giving you a sound that is heard quite a distance away. It's almost like a soft wind sound. It may not be loud in the car, but it travels.
Mid and high bass, shakes your trunk and mirrors a bit more including your ear drums.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Ok.... yeah i guess if i'm not hearin those mid-higher basses hardly at all, i'll mess with the crossover and get back to ya. Is it ok to adjust it while the musis is playin, or sound it be off first?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1364
You can adjust it while playing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us