New system, need some help

Username: Talonc2

Post Number: 1
hey, I'm new to the forum but I had some questions with my new system..I own an 88 chevy pickup full size withOUT an extended cab=\. I found a sub box that fits 2 10's that barely fits behind the seats.. I originaly built my system with some junk and crappy subs I had laying around, but recently bought new stuff. I have an alpine cda-9825 for my head unit, 2 infinity kappa462.5CFP 4x6's for the 2 front speakers (no rear speakers) and 2 infinty kappa 10.1 subs, to push the subs I have a soundstream VGA16000 pushing 400x2rms for the subs..I have another old amp(carver i think..) for the front speakers pushing 120x2rms. I just recently hooked all this stuff up and It doesnt sound right to me, I ran the rca cable from my head unit to my soundstream amp(i used the rear preamp output on my head unit) then I ran another rca cable from the big amp to my smaller one. <is that right? ... then do I set the crossovers or something? this is when I get lost..my subs have a lot of power and everything is very loud, but i'm having a lot of distortion and I dont think things are as loud and as clear as they should be. Also, when I turn my subs up loud, they loose the deepness that they have at low volume. If anyone could give me some advice at all that would be great, thanks =)

Username: Alb3rto

Post Number: 1
you should NEVER run RCA cables from one amp to the other unless they are the same amp or have the same specs. buy a set of splitters from wal mart.

Username: Dobaryder

Cocoa, Florida U.s.

Post Number: 8
look to see if your smaller amp has a
a crossover or low pass,high pass,full
seting,set to highpass and see if that eliminates
distortion in front speakers
ps how do you have the subs hooked to the
big amp stereo/bridged

Username: Talonc2

Post Number: 2
I have them hooked up 4ohm stero