JL AUDIO

Unregistered guest
i have a jl audio system which includs a 1000\1 amp, 2 15w3v2, and a 3fard stinger power cap. it is brand new and have never had it hocked up i wanted to buy 1 more 15w3v2 but didnt know if my system (amp) could handdle it
please help me
shawn ballinger
thug_ak47_9@hotmail.com

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 30
yes it would be fine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
the 15w3v2 handles 500 watts rms the amp will put out about 450 watts to each sub if u run it at 2ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
the 15w3v2 handles 500 watts rms the amp will put out about 450 watts to each sub if u run it at 2ohms i dont believe this amp is 1 ohm stable

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 78
Jl 1000/1's put out 1000w from 1.5-4 ohms and from 12.5-14.4v. I think it actually puts out like 1010w but its really the same as 1000. SO if you wanted to run three subs each would see 333w or so. I think that this might be alright if you run them in aported box but if you run em sealed I doubt its enough.

Unregistered guest
so i dont have anof ohms. so am i better to stay at 2 subs than 3

Unregistered guest
???????????????????????

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 35
yea i think you should just stick with 2 subs, more power to each

Anonymous

ok

joe miller
Unregistered guest
i think that i would go with 3 the more the better

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 289
Hey joe where do you get your info Buddy?. The more the better. that is not true unless you have the power to back it up. I think you would be fine if you had a 8.5 cu/ft box sealed that power would push 3 of them just fine. If you cant do a box that big(I am figuring you have room most people dont try to put 3-15's in a sedan) I would do 2 of them in about a 2-2.5cu/ft box sealed. Thats my opinion on this.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 290
also what are the VC configurations? dual 2ohm or dual 4?

Unregistered guest
i think dual 2ohms im not 100% sure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us