Personal Suggestions Please!

Bronze Member
Username: Sniperman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 21
ok i only have enough money to buy one amp at the moment and save up to buy another. I dont know whether or not to buy a 4 channel amp for my speakers so they sound good and clear, or to get an amp to power my sub so my system has some bass because as of now there is none. I have both amps picked out but i dont know which one to get first. All personal suggestions are welcome.

Bronze Member
Username: Jhick8

Post Number: 17
I'd go with the amp for the subs. Just personal preference though

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 362
Ya, amp for the sub's

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 22
before anyone says anything else, think about if the speakers will blow because you turn up the volume too much to hear the bass from the subs. competition speakers with no amp distort really fast. NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 399
I would amp your mids and highs and add rear fill as you can. Your point is a good one and it is what I would have said if you hadnt already. Just like you can blow a sub by underpowering it you can easily blow your mids and highs by underpowering them. Why waste money and blow them for some bass. Yeah the low fill is very nice to have but believe it or not you will be soo happy after amping your mids and highs you will be able to wait a little while till you are ready to do your subs and amp the right way. Thats my opinion.

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 25
thats a good point James, thanks. many people have told me to amp my subs so that i have bass but i needed more opinions before i did that. The thing is is its going to become really frustrating without the bass that i want to hear. I think im leaning toward an amp for my speakers though. If anyone else has anything to say, just keep them coming. thanks.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 409
You got to think though. Unless you have money that grows on trees why waste it. Either wait and do it all at once or amp your mids and highs first. Bass will come when you can afford to do it and it will make it that much better for you. When you finally do get the subs and you are happy with the bass do you want blown mids and highs? Just make a nice system sound crappy! you can do what you want and if you are young I understand why you would go with the sub amp but if you can hold off I would. Thats my opinion!

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 27
yea i am young and ive been told im doing it all on impulse so im trying to slow down a little bit. Ive been researching all of this because im pretty new to it for a long time now and im trying to set up close to my ideal system with the money i have. I think thats a good idea, i will probably go with the speakers amp then first. I appreciate the help.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 412
no prob.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us