Help me choose a <$200 amp

Username: Flsurflover

Post Number: 1
Help me pick a 2-channel amp. It will be bridged to mono and feeding a 150Hz-30kHz 4ohm load. Not a sub amp, so no Class D. I want AT LEAST 500Wrms when bridged. I'm looking for the loudest amp with the best sound quality I can get for under $200 shipped. I know it won't be a McIntosh but that's my budget.

What do you think of each one of these amps? Are there any other models you think are better that can be shipped UNDER $200 and have a bridged 4ohm output of OVER 500Wrms?:

Hifonics ZX6000 600Wrms-bridged $168
Power Acoustik LT1920/2 880Wrms-bridged $165
Audiobahn A8002T 800Wrms-bridged $155

Any feedback on these or other similar ones would be great. I know all the middle-of-the-road amp manufacturers inflate their wattage numbers to some degree, but I just need 500 real RMS watts that won't overheat.

Thanks,
Collin

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1285
I have A8002T amp and it works very well. I've tested it to push sub and component speakers. That amp costs around $140 or less on eBay brand new.
Unlike some cheap amps, it actually produced good mids and highs.
Best bang for your money.

Username: Baasic

Michigan US

Post Number: 6
140$? I paid like 180 for mine!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1289
The lowest I've seen for that amp was $129.

Anonymous

out of those, I like the hifonics. like you said, its not the best out there but for the money, it packs great features and sounds real nice

Username: Flsurflover

Post Number: 2
I still couldn't decide between the Hifonics, Audiobahn, and the Power Acoustik. But I had a lot of people tell me that Hifonics has a good reputation. I had a few people tell me they used the Audiobahns and didn't have any problems with them. I couldn't get any feedback on the Power Acoustiks. They all 3 looked very good to me.

But I saw this auction today for a Hifonics ZX6000, opened but unused with a return policy so I went for it. Pretty good price at $121 shipped. Hopefully the transaction works out and the amp is good. :-)

Thanks for everyones help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us