98 camaro

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
Not into competition audio, but just bought a 98 camaro with monsoon stereo package.

From what i have read all the six speakers (in pairs) are of difference impedance.

Anyways my real question is how do i hook up a subwoofer to this, like low level input wise?
A line adapter or does the factory deck have pre outs? I don't mind the sound of the factory sh*t but it could use a single 12.

Finally if anyone has box ideas fire away, not much room to work with enclosure. Thanks in advance for any input. Cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 49
ok well i had the same kind of delima well i had a Grand AM and i ran a sub but i had to use a line adapter. now they only problem with the line adapter is that u can only turn it up so loud. when u are turning ur system up and the bass doesn't get any louder just the mids u need to back the volume off or it would damage the amp
i suggest a low wattage sub so therefore u dont have to run into problems with ur electrical system. I suggest 1 alpine type R or if u want to get something that would slam for one sub is u could run 1 alpine type x u can get them bran new off ebay for about 250 - 300 u wouldn't need much power to make it bump maybe a nice 1000 watt amp should be 2 ohm stable and be about to push about 800 watts Rms at 2 Ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 50
i know people are a little skeptical about buying off of these forums but i have an amp that would make 1 really nice sub bump it is the JBL BP1200.1 it puts out about 1100 watts at 2 ohms. it is would be really nice for ur type of application.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 31
thanks for the advice justin. Regarding the sub, i am kind of a fanatic about buying electronics new. So i wouldn't be interested in that one you mention, however thanks for offering. Any ideas on an enclosure? that trunk is pretty tiny! l8tr
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us