Isaac!

A.T.
Unregistered guest
Do YouThink That An Alternator 170 Amps Is Enough For a 700 Watt rms System What About 14oo watt Rms system So When I upgrade To Another 700 Watt Sub.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1373
A.T., you'll be fine with 170A alternator. To top that off, get 2.5F capacitor and you'll have a very tight bass sound.

A.T.
Unregistered guest
Is There any other online site That sells capacitors for cheap. And Does it matter about what brand i get.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1379
Not really. The cheaper ones don't come with digital readout. Try eBay. I bought mine from 12volt.com I think. It was $50.
Remember, it's 1F for every 1000w peak power.

A.T.
Unregistered guest
Is The Power Acoustik Capacitator good for my set up
Http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=powpc24fn&store=&catid=309 Its a 2.4 farad Could I still Install It Even Do Im Only Running 700watts Or should I just Wait Till Iget the other 700watt sub. Also How Come It says 24volts DC Does That Mean Icant Run It in my system It's around12-14 volts. Thanks For All Your Help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1384
Power Acoustik make bad products. Try other brands. The voltage of 24 volts means it'll handle up to that.
You can install 2.5F capacitor with 700w rms. The 1000w peak power was just a guideline.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us