Wiring a 2 ohm load? need help!

Username: 92ludesi

Post Number: 1
Well i just decided to buy some cheap subs and an amp because i dont really need a ground shaking system but anyways i have 2 mtx 6000 10" subs in a bow that are prewired and on the box it says wired for 2 ohm load and i bought a 2 channel mtx amp and i was wondering how to wire the amp to the subs to get that 2 ohm load. its a 2 channel not a mono so im not sure if i can bridge it because its only stable at 2 ohm in stereo any help would be much appreciated. TY again

Post Number: 2
anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 58
The MTX amp what model is it. If the sub are 4ohms each and it says wired for 2 ohm load they are wired Parallel. You can hook them to one channel of the amp. If you want to bridge them you have to rewire the subs in Series to make a 4ohms load.

Post Number: 3
i need help anyone? From what ive read i should have considered buyign a mono amp instead of a channel but i already bought it soo no i have to live with it, if i cant just bridge it to 2 ohm then can i just run the subs seprate directly to the amp and have 2x 4 ohm?

Post Number: 4
its just a mxa 3002 model amp which is a 2 channel and i wanna know if you can bridge it and be ohk with 2 ohm? if not i will rewire adn run 2 4 ohm i guess

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 59
Hook it up bridged @2ohms and see how hot it will get. You will know after 2 minutes if it's getting real hot I would not bridged @2ohms. Running a amp bridged and going under the recommended ohms will not hurt the amp if it does not get hot. You must have dual voice coils @4ohms. If so you can wire each sub @2ohms and run each sub off each channel and get the same watts as bridged.

Post Number: 5
not ehy are single coil but they are wired in parellel i belive soo 2 10" 4 ohm subs wired in parellel gets a 2 ohm load soo i guess ill try to run them bridged at 2 ohms

Anonymous

I probably wouldn't do that. MTX Blue Thunder 2 channel amps were bridged at 4 ohms. Your amp is probably a little underrated. Your subs should be 4ohm SVC rated 250rms/500peak each. It doesn't pay to rewire since you're either pushing 150 X 2 @ 4ohms or 300 x 2 @ 2 ohms(but only using 1 channel). You should be able to run them ok, but they'll be underpowered. It's a amp/sub mismatch. If you want to run full power either get an amp that will put out the power at 2 ohms or 4ohms X 2 OR get a single sub that can be wired at 4 or 2 subs with 4ohm DVC.

Post Number: 6
yeah i figured it was a mismatch after i had already bought the subs and amp but i guess i will just run it to 1 channell and leav the other channel open, should have researched alittle more before i bought sumthign but ill live with it for now. i shoudl have purchased a mono amp to drive these subs but i will play with what i have for now thanks for the info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us