BEST ENCLOSURE

Username: Fookrux

Post Number: 4
Im running 2 JL10w3v2 with a JL 500/1 amp now i need to know what is the best enclosure for these subs and where to buy. I dont want a cheap box willing to spend 100-150 dollars

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 134
build one....i built a ported box and it turned out awesome, only cost me about $50 too whereas to have it build by someone, woulda cost me $175 minimum

just find the specs for those subs, and build a sealed or ported box for them and you may be impressed with urself

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
there is no perfect box and when it comes to sealed, ported or bandpass (i wish i hadnt said that) but it all really depends on the type of music you listen to, the type of bass (i.e. frequency range you like) and the acoustics of your vehicle and mounting location and the available space you have.
i have a camaro so its a hatchback and i listen to alot of rock and prefer tight punchy bass but i also listen to rap and classical and need deep and extended bass so i have a bazooka and a stealth box in the rear corner of the hatch where my spare used to live and its ssealed and i have them tuned to different frequency ranges to cover my listening habits.
i would do some research on the different box types and think of the above factors in deciding whether you want a sealed or ported...neither makes more bass or is better or worse than the other.
basically its like a 500HP engine in a 4000 lb car or a 250HP engine in a 2000 lb car which one is better or are they the same or equal or have some advantages the other doesnt??? ported/sealed...500hp/250hp its all debatable and just depends on you in the end.
jay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us