Change to rounds or keep as is?????

Username: Snorefxr

Denton, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm running JL Audio XR570-CXI's in the rear of my 2002 Explorer and JL Audio XR570-CSI's in the front. These are being driven by a JL Audio 450/4. The sound is great, but would I gain anything at all by changing to rounds rather than a 5X7 or 6X9 component configuration? Also, JL Audio XR Series or MB Quart Reference/Premium Series??? Anybody have a favorite of the two as far as sound quality???

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 230
You'll be able to drive rounds further than you will ovals. The rounds will begin to distort at higher levels than ovals.

Username: Snorefxr

Denton, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
Jake,

Thanks for the info. On that note would you choose JL's or Quarts?

Silver Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 127
keep in mind that 5x7"s will have more cone area than a 5.25", which is the size of round you would use in that opening. likewise, a 6x9" has considerably more area than a 6.5". this means that even though the round drivers can throw further and in a more linear motion, the larger eliptical cones don't need to. my guess is that the elipticals will have a higher output capability than the rounds, while that extra output may have some distortion. whether or not this would be audible is something i'd like to know.

i have used the XR coaxials in my car and i liked them a lot. the highs were a bit on the bright side, but overall they seemed to have a very nice, flat response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us