Quick help please from sum1 that knows what they are talking about

Anonymous

i wanted to get 3.5 inch speakers for the very back of my escalade and im not to sure on which ones i should get... they will be getting 75 watts RMS each from a JL 300/4 ... i was looking at a few of them which would be the best choice??

JL Audio TR350

MA Audio HK35

AUDIOBAHN ACS2035P ( i kno audiobahn is mostly crap but these speakers are 92DB sensitivity and 60watts RMS and a crossover included)

Infinity kappa 32.5cf with crossover(i would think these to be best but they are 35 RMS and 105 peak... can they actually handle more or will i blow them?)

Diamond audio m331i ... says 30 RMS and 60 peak...

help me! i would greatly appreciate it! thanks

or do you know of any otehr good 3.5 inch speakers?

Anonymous

or sould i just put tweeters back there???

like...

kicker r22 w/crossover

MB quart dte 13 w/ crossover

othersss...????

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 116
LOL... if you can find a 3.5" speaker that will actually take 75w rms. Go and listen to a few to see what you like. Keep your highpass filter high to stop them running into distorsion to early.

Anonymous

can any1 else help please? should i go with 3.5 speakers whcih are 2 way with a little tweeter in them or just get tweeters?? let me know what you think thanks

Anonymous

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 19
dude i think if u are putting some bass in it that i would just go with some tweets because u are not going to hear the mid bass over the bass in the back just the highs and it will be easier to do with tweets.

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 118
Just get a nice sounding coax and don't feed it large amounts of bass. People can recommend speakers all day long but listening for yourself is the best way to find something you'll like.

Anonymous

well i dont have the priveledge to go hear them all.... so should i just get kappas with a crossover to filter out the lower frequencies or should i get tweeters with a crossover like the MB quart DTE-13... are they any good?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 221
The tweeters will be louder no dout:-)
Both will do fine!
Just deside on what fit's your budget, and if you can, try to listen to them!
If it wher me, I would go with the MB Quart's, no reason... just that the tweeter's will be ear pearcing. lol

Silver Member

LondonEngland

Post Number: 120
If it was me I'd go for the Kappas or something similar from Alpine or whoever, then set the rear crossover on your jl300/4 to 200hz highpass with a 24db slope and see how they sound if the start distorting increase the xover point till thet don't. And keep the gain control at a sensible level.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us