Help installing AMP (Please)

Bronze Member
Username: Jmiller

Post Number: 14
Car: 04 Accord sedan. I'm installing an AMP and I have encountered several proplems. I'm using speaker level input and I was planning on connecting the harness rigth from the speakers' wire in the trunk but the speaker wire for the rear speakers are ran along with all the other electrical cables that go to the rear of the car. Do I need to cut those cables and run a new line from the radio on the other side of the car? or it's OK to take the input from those line and connect it to the AMP .Second How do I the new wire to the door, there is not hole that I can see and I can't dril one onless I remove the door.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Can anybody give me some feedback on this. I would like to finish the install today.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Anybody!!!

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 229
does your factory stereo have an amp? give more details. what are you installing (door speakers?)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
No. I'm installing 4 speakers and a MTX thunder 404 to drive them. I'm just putting new speaker in the factory location but I don't see any way to get the new thicker wire to where the speakers are in the door. I install speaker once and I was able to get the new wire in the door throufh the passage where all the other wires were (power window, lock,etc) but on this car, there is not hole, the calble attach to a module.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 223
Assuming you're adamant about changing that speaker wire, you may have to get creative with it. You said the speaker wire and everything goes through that module, you may be able to replace that wire on the module and run it back to your amp. You'll probably have to disassemble part of the door to get to the inside wire as wire, since there's no point in only replacing it up to the door. The same wire will probably go to the speaker from the module inside the door. Or if you want to, possibly drill a hole to take care of it.
I would look at my options before I started drilling, however.
If anyone has had experience in replacing speakers and speaker wire in an '04 Accord, please speak up.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 235
when i installed mine i just used the factory wires. if there is no factory amp then you can just run the wires to behind the deck and connect them to the speaker wires there. hope this helps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Thanks, I think that is what I'm going to do. But the other question remains. Since the speaker wire going to the rear speakers are ran with all the other power wire (factory) and I wanted to just tap on those wire in the trunk to connect the harness provided with the AMP for speaker level input; should I do that or should I eliminate those lines and run a new one fron the radio on the other side, away fron the power cables?

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 243
i dont think that running high level input wires next to power wires is a problem. its worth trying. if there is any noise then you can run new wires.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks Lucas, I'll give it a try.

Username: Rsxs

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 5
you should keep power wires as far from signal wires as you can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us