Help Setting Up Alpine 9835

Username: Jundi

Post Number: 1
I just installed my alpine 9835 headunit and im having some problems setting it up. Im getting absolutely no bass out of my speakers...when I had the 9815, my car sounded amazing with just my speakers and my amp turned off. For some reason alpine decided to make this deck so complicated to setup i meen u spend so much money on the deck and you spend halph the time fighting with it rather than enjoying it. I just whant to turn up the bass of speakers so if you guys could help that would be great.

Bronze Member
Username: Hassan

Post Number: 25
i think the best thing to do is to look in the manual. there is a setting that says power on/off it turns the internal amp on and off look for it im not sure how to get there i just know that its complicated. good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Vtdakotaguy

VT United States

Post Number: 33
There isn't a bass and treble control in the traditional sense. I messed around with it for quite a while before looking for some help. Between Glasswolf and using the iPersonalize feature on Alpine's website I finally got it together and I am very impressed. It is a pain and the instructions are not the easiest to follow. Try iPersonalize. You may go through several cdr's before you get it right, but it's well worth it.

LM

Post Number: 3
Yeah I have been trying to mess around with it and i guess in about 5 years I will finally have it figured out. I have been trying Ipersonalise it would be alot easier if I new what I was doing I guess...I know this is the lazy way out but would you be able to tell me exaclty what you changed cause that would be great help thanks.

Bronze Member

VT United States

Post Number: 34
What is the set up you have in your car/truck? Do you have front AND rear speakers? Do you have subs? How many? Are they hitched to one amp or do you have one amp for each? You need to get your system design pluged into it first. If you tell me what you have and how it's hitched up, I will set it to how mine is set up (per Glasswolf) and email the .mp3 file directly. Burn it to disk and then download the settings into your head unit. It made a world of difference on mine. I have the 9833 w/front and rear as well as two subs run by a single amp.

LM

Post Number: 4
Okay well I own a 2000 olds intrigue I have type r front and rear speakers, im also running a Jl audio 12W6 sub powered by a single mrd m500 amp. The thing is I do not have the amp and sub installed yet so its basically just the front and rear speakers. Thanks again for all your help I really do appreciate it.

Bronze Member

VT United States

Post Number: 35
I created the .mp3. you have the identicle setup as I do I just have two subs. Email me and I will send the .mp3. The front and rear channels are set 125hz with 12db/octave slope. The sub is set to 80hz with a 18db/octave slope. Time correction and parametric eq are just set to flat. You will have to play with that yourself. My email address is laish@adelphia.net.

LM

Bronze Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 65
Oh cool! Maybe I could jump in for some help too. The trouble is, my CDA-9835 was just stolen a couple of days ago, so I have to wait a couple of weeks until I have it replaced. I have to wait because they ripped the lock cylinder out of my door, and it is a Volkswagen, so it takes 2 weeks for the cylinder to come from Germany :-(

My new setup will be as follows:

- 1999 Volkswagen Passat
- CDA-9835
- MRD-M1001
- SWX-1242D

Maybe you coudl help me out too :D

Thanks!
Bryan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help