Fiber Glass Or MDF

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 113
Ok guys...me being a dumba$$ again lol..i cant decide lol...but should i go with a custom fiberglass box ill make..or a ported or vented or sealed box just out of 3/4 mdf...ill be sure to double up on the baffle this time lol...and if i do...what is a great tool for figureing out how big to make the port and the dimensions of the box...thanks...By the way...this will only be my 2nd box and first fiberglass

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 41
i think its a personal opinion... i would never settle for a regualr box becuase of the type of person i am... i have never made a box but when i do its gonna be fiberglass and its gonna be sick... altho it will be witht the help of my brother who has made mdf and fiberglass boxes... but im mainly going to do it on my own... im really creative and i am very persistant.... but the fiberglass would look way better than just MDF... but to let you know... your probably going to use both to make a fiberglass box... for the best looks and fits to your car go with fiberglass... it may take a month or so to get it perfectly smooth and perfect and balanced in everyway but man is it worth it...GOODLUCK!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3070
Fiberglass is more difficult and time consuming, but if you're willing to put the effort forth into it and the extra money toward it, it's worth it if you want a more trick install. It just takes a lot more time, plus effort towards prepping it and painting it (if you decide to paint it). MDF will offer easier building and usually better SQ overall. As far as the calculator, this is a great one:
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us