Im tearin my hair OUT!!

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 73
alright i had my old hu in (alpine 7939 i think/ 4 volt preout) it use to be top of the line. my sytem soudned great on it and i can turn the vol up all the way without speaker/ sub clipping. my gains are not high at aall. i just installed my new hu (cda-9831) and now i turn it up, the front infinity kappa per. comps. rattle and my rears clip. the gains are the same with the ond one. could this be because 1. the Hu puts out more power (still Says 4v) 2. the MX (media expaned) does something or is it becuase the Hu has a eq and its on rock.3. the gains need to be readjusted to this Hu. SOME MUCH NEEDED HELP PLEASE

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 42
I have a 9831...I would readjust the gains first...I would turn the media expand off (seems to distort the sound a little on my setup)...and I would play around with the EQ setting and use the User1 & User2 to get your desired sound (I don't like the rock one as it's too much midbass for my tastes...I actually have my User1 & User 2 set slightly different and somewhere in between "rock" & "pop" on the factory EQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 74
thanks
can u tell me the #s of your eq cus it sounds like i have the same prob, too much midbass. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 47
It will depend alot on what comps & subs you have also and what your xover (HPF/LPF) points are (I'm using 80Hz for each out of the HU).

User EQ1
Band 1: +1 1.0 60
Band 2: +0 1.5 150
Band 3: +0 1.0 1000
Band 4: +2 1.0 12,500

User EQ2
Band 1: +1 1.0 90
Band 2: +0 1.0 200
Band 3: +0 1.0 2000
Band 4: +1 1.0 12,500
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums