Jonathan you familiar with ID Compents

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 351
Im sure they are good but in the 300 and under price range are they top dogs? and are they 7" ?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3061
Haven't heard them as a full component set, but I have heard the midbasses and can tell you they are excellent. I've heard good things about the tweeter, but you know what assuming gets you, I'm not going to recommend you something I haven't personally heard honestly. You may want to look up some reviews on the net to get a feel for them. Build quality will definately be up to par, sound quality is a subjective matter and totally up to your ears. The Adire Kodas are an excellent component set for around $300 give or take (they were on sale not too long ago), JL Audio XRs are great for the price as well. Of course, Infinity Kappa and Kappa Perfect systems are recommended often for great sets under $300, and for good reason. You should try to listen to at least a couple of these sets and see what you get a feel for.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 352
do you prefer their mids to the perfects?

I do not care fore the XR's they seem to be overrated by jl fans but thats only my opin.

Im looking at another set of the eclipse 8264 titaniums
the new 05 eclipse 3 ways
kappa perfects
and the id max's

but the perfects seem tough to beat for their price point

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3063
I prefer the Adire Kodas over the Perfects, yes, but that doesn't mean you will. The Perfects have a brighter, more clinical sound to them, the Kodas are more neutral. They have great midbass and a well balanced tweeter, and work very well off axis (work well in factory spots). The Koda tweeter is similar to a JL XR tweet in the way that it's a metal dome that isn't that harsh (less bright than the XR tweeter too, by the way) and is very detailed. Suit yourself on the opinion of the XRs, IMO they're a fantastic component set for the price. I'm not as familiar with the newer Eclipse sets, but the old ones were great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us