A6004t

Username: Jhick8

Post Number: 3
I just purchased a 4 channel audiobahn amp and want to know how to bridge it to two subs.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1137
If you go to the Audiobahn's website, they have downloadable manual. Basically you're taking the outer left and right from channel 1 and 2, and left and right from channel 3 and 4. It should be marked on the amp's speaker terminal.
Just curious, why didn't you buy A8000T amp? It's going for $130.
Keep an eye on the fan on Intake models. They come with a cheap one. You can easily replace it with whisper quiet cpu fans for $10.

Post Number: 6
Thank you Isaac for the information. To be totally honest I was unaware that I could run 2 subs from a mono amp. I am kind of new to all of this and I'm going mostly by what friends are telling me. I am open to any and all suggestions though. Thanks again

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
You could run as many subs as you want, as long as you meet the amp's ohm requirement. For example, lets say you have 2 4ohm DVC subs. Those 2 wired in parallel/series will give you 1ohm or 4 ohms load. Now all you have to do is look for an amp, whether 2 channel or mono, that is 1 or 4 ohms stable.
Keep this formula in mind. Wiring subs in parallel halves the ohm value, and series adds together.

Post Number: 7
I have two 4 ohm SVC subs. If I understand you correctly then wiring them in parallel would make them run at 2 ohm's thus increasing the power? Also I beleive I know how to wire in parallel but I am not sure. Thanks again Isaac, you have been a lot of help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
Hey Jordan, since your amp is 4 channels, it'll only handle 4ohms bridged. So you will have to connect each sub separately to the bridged channels.
Therefore, channels 1 and 2 will become 1 bridged channel, and channels 3 and 4 will become the other.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1162
Hey Jordan, I tried replying to your email but it failed cause your setup is configured to refuse emails.
Anyhow here's the email I tried to reply back to you:

Ok I will need to know what setup you are using. Tell me what the setting is for level, x-over, LPF, and Bass Boost. I'm guessing you're using the 4 channel amp bridged so that you get 2 channels right?
How many subs did you have? Was it 2? Now when you say it doesn't hit, what do you exactly mean? No bass or very little? Does your HU have equalizer?

Post Number: 8
Hey Isaac, sorry for any confusion with the email. I had no idea I wasn't configured to accept emails. Anyway I have 2 polk/momo 12" subs. My question actually is about the x-over,LPF, Bass Boost and such. I have very little idea as to what each should be set at. It is producing more bass then I initially thouhgt, but I'd still love to know any tips on those controls.

Post Number: 9
I was wondering also if the fact that I have bose speakers that are each self amplified would make it more difficult for the subs to get full power. I may be completely wrong but I was thinking that if I could turn the volume up, then the amp would receive more power from the head unit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
Hey Jordan, I hope you know that the amp you have was designed for powering mid-high component speakers. For subs, its A8000T. That one has phase shift switch as well as other bass enhancing controls.
On your amp, here's the optimal setting for subs.
Bridge the 4 channel amps to get 2. Then for x-over, set it to LPF. Turn on the bass boost. and then for LPF, set the frequence to 50hz - 80hz.
Make sure you set the level properly to match the HU's preout voltage. It is not a volume control.
If possible, configure your subs so that they're 2ohms each. This will maximize your amp's power.

Post Number: 10
Yeah, I kind of got the feeling that the A8000T was designed for subs the first time you mentioned it. Is the one I have going to be BAD or is it just not as good as the a8000t would be? I'm always looking to upgrade so the a8000t isn't out of the picture, but I'd perfer to keep the one I have for a bit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1190
Your current amp is good for powering front and rear speakers. I find it pretty good actually. The sound quality is better than expected, especially the mids and highs. I'd keep it for that purpose. For subs, A8000T is better. You can use your current amp bridged to power subs, but you're not getting the most out of it then.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Isaac thank you for all of your help. I currently have the amp setup and running and it sounds better then I expected. Hopefully I can get away from the 4-channel soon thouhg. Thanks again

Gold Member

Post Number: 1192
Glad you have it worked out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us