Just bought 2 alpine type S subs what amp should i run?????

Username: Zen

Melbourne, Vic Australia

Post Number: 3
Just wondering what i should run the type s subs off, with out going over bout AUS $700-800 . i think they are rated at bout 300 rms each but have heard of people running 500 rms to each.

Bronze Member
Username: Terminatermule

Australia

Post Number: 67
What sort of head unit do you have?

Cheers Glenn

Melbourne, Vic Australia

Post Number: 4
alpine

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 68
ok - got a model? i have the 9835 and if you have any of the 983X series then you will probably be best off with a nice Alpine amp and amplifier link to go to the head unit.

Cheers Glenn

Ps - what size is the sub and what Ohm's?

Melbourne, Vic Australia

Post Number: 5
The head unit is a cdm 9821
The subs are 12" and are dual 4 ohm

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 69
damn back in M-bus days eh. fair enough, i had a 9856R and it was an awesome unit, but it can't run an amplink as far as i know. Maybe an MRD-M501. that would pound those subs pretty good. If you want to go whole hog you could get an MRD-M1001. Serious stuff that amp is, and a serious price to match.

Cheers Glenn

Anonymous

i have 2 10" 450RMS subs and am planing on buying power acoutik gothic 820 amp (460RMSx1) is this enough?

Tito1
Unregistered guest
Well I have two 12" type-s alpines and like all type-s's they're 200 rms each, since I didn't have an alpine head unit I didn't go with the alpine mrd-m301 amp, which would have been great for those subs since it pushes a little higher than 350 rms and the ai-net link is pretty cool. But instead I went with the kicker 400.1 which gives exactly 400 rms to the subs and rocks the shiznit out of my prk ave's trunk. My subs are connected at a 2ohm load as well.

Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 2
that amp the MRD-M1001 would make ur subs pound but i would def run it at 2 ohms. that amp is way under rated with 80 amps on board it will perform nicely at 2 ohms you would be stunned by how hard it will hit just make sure u know what ur doing when hooking everything up. it is important that u wire the subs correctly and do u ground good.

Post Number: 3
that amp the MRD-M1001 would make ur subs pound but i would def run it at 2 ohms. that amp is way under rated with 80 amps on board it will perform nicely at 2 ohms you would be stunned by how hard it will hit just make sure u know what ur doing when hooking everything up. it is important that u wire the subs correctly and do u ground good. Watch how high u set ur gain the amp might put out alot more power than u think

Post Number: 5
dont even bother with the MRD-M501. U would under power ur subs by so much and the amp isn't even listed to be 2 ohms stable so u would be limited to how u could wire ur subs b/c of the limited power ur amp would put out

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 167
it is 2 ohm stable all alpine amps are.. however he has 4 ohm dvc coils so you could get 2 mrd 550's and wire each sub to one of those for a 2 ohm load im not sure if they type s could take it as well as the type r's tho thats almost 600 watts to each sub... i recommend the power regulated jl amps, i used the 500/1 with my type s which were also 4 ohm dvc and it worked great (the jl amps slash series give out the smame wattage between 1.5 and 4 ohms)or you could realy push them with the jl 1000/1.. your subs can be wired up to one amp at 1 ohm or 4 ohms so i wouldnt get the alpine amps if i were u since they run optimally at 2 ohms .. the mrd 1001 will only give 500 watts rms at 14.4 volts under a 4 ohm load which is underpowering the subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us