HELP for replacing original Volvo V70 double DIN Head Unit

Username: Pitpat

Post Number: 1
Hello, I bought a Volvo V70 XC Kombi 2.4T AWD model 2000 with its original soundsystem including Audio3, HU-605 RDS, Radio/Tape/3-CD changer, 4X25W, 6 speakers in double DIN format :-(
I would like to replace it by a "standard" DIN Pioneer or Alpine MP3/WMA CD/tuner. Does anybody know what can be put to fill a DIN hole which will remain and more important how to connect (adapters existing ?) it to current amplifier and speakers without changing the whole cable installation ?
Thanks a lot for any help and/or advice.
Pitpat from Switzerland

Bronze Member
Username: Phx

Post Number: 25
you need a din-size pocket, i think several companies make one for your application. metra makes one, model 88-00-9000. it's got slots for 3 cd jewel cases. also, metra makes a wiring harness(adapter) for your car, but I wouldn't know where to find it in Switzerland, i got mine at best buy. I don't know the model #, i happened to have an extra one of those pockets sitting right next to me, that's where i found that #. there is a company called autoleads (http://www.autoleads.co.uk/) that makes plenty of adapters and harnesses for volvo and they're available at retail outlets on your side of the water, look them up. hope this helps, volvo 4 life hehe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us