Advice on 13w7

Username: Colinjay18

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
i recently heard one 13w7 in a sealed box in a single cab chevy truck. this thing blew me away. i am really thinking of buying one to put in the trunk of a 1999 prelude. right now i have 2 10" punch powers in a ported box run by an alphasonik pma1200d. the amp pushed 1200 watts at 4 ohms, 2000 at 2 ohms, and 2400 at 1 ohm. i was wondering if anyone has heard this combination of amp and sub, or if someone can give me the names a few more good subs. i can get the 13w7 for $500 brand new in box from the same dealer i bought my amp from, but he tells me he doesn't recommend this sub. he told me he thinks 1 15" mtx 9500 would be better. any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

how in the world did someone fit a 13w7 in a single cab???!!!!

was it in the seat...lol

if that amp will realy put out that kinda of power, your gonna NEED a new alt.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 309
ya im wondering the same thing.. how in the hell did someone get that 13w7 in a single cab chevy truck? did they take out the middle part of the seat and make it a 2 seater? what kinda sound are you lookin for? SPL or SQ?

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
test post

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
sorry, having trouble posting. but ya, he had the box inbetween 2 bucket seats. it was like a really high arm rest. it sounded clean, but this was the first w7 i've heard. i am mostly looking for sq, but i want it to be louder than anyone's who pulls beside me. i don't know if 2 12", or 1 15" will fit in the trunk of my prelude, so the 13w7 just seems more practical to me. is this a good amp for w7? thanks.

JayJay
Unregistered guest
yea the 9500 would murder the w7 in spl. but obviously the w7 would sound better....if u put the 9500 in a snailshell enclosure, it would just about blow anything away and by a good margin...

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 66
The 9500 might be "better" to him, but most all dealers say bias things to persuade you into buying those products instead. Try to heard both of the subs and then make your decision.

Anonymous

It sounds like the dealer sells both subs, but prefers the MTX. Profit margin can come into play, but so can personal preferences. Listen to both, and decide for yourself.
I've seen a nice down-firing armrest, but I believe that was an 8" or 10".

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 116
you go ahead and get that w7, but when some one with a x.x.x. pulls up next to you don't be surprised when you find yourself enjoying his bass rather than yours. And no, an mtx 9500 will not even come close to x.x.x. or a w7 so you can throw that out the window. I had a 15" 9500 and the only thing good about is their looks,nicely dressed, huge motor, bulky, thats it.I sold it after 3 weeks.not in par with the w7 or x.x.x.

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 5
has anyone seen a 15" sub in the trunk of a prelude? i have a 99 prelude and don't know if the 15" x.x.x. would fit

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 28
well let me tell u what w7 are way over rated i will post some pics of what i run i get pretty close to 150 db when i run a 60Hz note i paid 350 for my subs and i bet they would hit harder than the w7 but as far as spl vs sq there is no doubt which would win but there is a choice u must make spl or sq there is one sub my friends and i have found it is made by image dynamics it pounds in enclosed and ported check it out

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us