Hey i need an answer if anyone knows...

Trey
Unregistered guest
Hey,in the trunk of my car, I have Pyle speakers or subwoofers. I honestly do not know what they are beacause I had already had them. They are in a enclosure and they look about like 10" or 12" with 2 tweeters on it as well. Here is a link(not the exact one just a picture what it looks like)http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/PLHB12/detail.asp. It looks exactly like that. But my question is, if they are in that enclosure, are they subwoofers, or speakers because I am hearing music out of it also(but it does have big bass as well). Are subwoofers supposed to have music coming out even though it does hit hard with big bass or only bass out of them?

Anonymous

Subs are speakers.They are subs tho.And there is no way they hit hard pyle is junk,garbage,crap,ect.The best thing to do for yourself and everyone else is to throw them in the garbage or burn them just put them and yourself out of mysery.Thanks

Trey
Unregistered guest
ok well sorry that's all I have at the moment untill I can get some cash.

Trey
Unregistered guest
Anyone elses opinion?

Rob315
Unregistered guest
anon your a real smart person. he wasnt asking how good they were, he wasnt asking what to do with them, and who says they dont hit hard? have you heard them? so until you have shut the f*ck up. and as for your question trey, im not sure if music came out of subs. ive never really even thought to check but i dont think so. someone else will be able to answer you though just give it a day or so....peace**

Trey
Unregistered guest
Also, I dont have an amp yet cause I just recently got into good systems and stuff, I hooked my subs up to my rear speakers, could the possibly be a reason why I am hearing music out of the subs? Would it be pure bass if I connected it to an amp?

Alkaline Trio.
Unregistered guest
Those look like subs to me...and wat u think are tweeters, are probably vent/port holes. Subs dont have tweeters. If ur hearing music coming out from them u prolly have the cross over or Low Pass Filter settings screwed up. Subs should only produce bass..thats wat they are built for in the first place.
Peace.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 69
well....subs are speakers and speakers can be made into speakers...the way i figure it out...its just..."subs" when people refer to them are usually big speakers made of a solid material that wont tear or break and are amplified to make no bass...but on an amp most amps there is a switch to make it make music as well..sounds like crap...but can be done...and speakers can be set basically the opposite way of what i said but is retarded to do lol...most speakers in your car prolly have a tweeter on them not seperate...so the answer to your question is they are speakers until you give them more power and sweet stuff like that lol...im not exactly positive hopefully glass will check this out...and anonymous...shut up...rob is right..he didnt ask any of that crap...he asked what they were...leave it at that....

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 70
wow its late and i messed up alot on the comment lol...i meant a few things that i mis typed...in the first line it should be subs are speakers and speakers can be made into subs

next is....speakers made of a solid material that wont tear or break and are amplified to make no bass....change bass to music...sorry

Alkaline Trio.
Unregistered guest
Ah.. there ya go then..
Subs should only run from an amp..that way u can set the LPF/Crossovers to block the higher freq.(music) and let the lower freq.(bass) thru to the subs.
You will get pure bass if u ran the sub from an amp and set the LPF settings appropriately.

Additionally, if u want a good sys. consider selling those and getting some new/better subs and an amp to power them. Don't overlook ur HU and components either.

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 71
yes trey....if you hooked it up to an amp it would be pure bass...but i wouldnt do it with that...unless you have somen else...id just let those be your real speakers until you get real subs...just an opinion...trying to help

Rob315
Unregistered guest
very well answered....nice work

Trey
Unregistered guest
Hey thanks, yeah I think I will get me some subs and an amp, thanks for the info.

Bronze Member
Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 28
now, trey asks what to get for x amount of dollars.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 158
u need an mono amp for your subs as u explained it it sounds like ur running your subwoofers off your head unit which is bad lol especially if its a stock head unit.. the reason the subs are playing music is because you made them your rear speakers by using your rear speaker wires that run into your HU.. so you definatly need a amp because there probably getting about 15 watts rms :\ and its not good to run anything at that low of wattage (cept speakers of course)

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 401
well it shouldnt be that bad because those arent high output subs. im glad to see more people getting into car audio. its good to that. you have to start somewhere and something. to anon, im sure when you got into car audio you didnrt have an awesome trophy winning system. im sure he knows it isnt the best quality, but it is better then nothing at all. thanks to rob315, subfanatic,mark s and alk. treo he knows a little more and will be on the path to a good start in car audio. well maybe he will ask whats a good deal for "x" amount but if i had no idea on what was good and what wasnt then i would ask to. (JOHN) isnt a forum to help people? im sure everyone on this board at least once in their life has asked someone if "X" brand was good. maybe he could look it up, but what will you know is good when you first start? max power? flames good deals i have a question for you john wwjd in this situation? thats a joke sorry. but really huh?

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 402
:-)

Rob315
Unregistered guest
wwjd????...hed run alpine, but thts another story. JC is better off in a different forum lol. anyways to anyone with a sh*tty stereo, ive been there...and ive made it sound descent to. my first system in 1999 when i just turned 16 was 2 pyramid 12's and a descent orion amp. i dont remember which amp exactly anymore but it didnt sound too bad for only spending 250 bucks on the whole thing. and guess what...if i was still broke(broker than i am now lol)id still get something cheap. "something is better than nothing" right now i have almost 2000 dollars in a descent stereo. and thats only descent. it takes 5,000 or more to hit big numbers like 150-155. and thats one hell of an accomplishment if you ask me. i couldnt even imagine dumping 20,000 into a stereo system just to hit 160-165. 20,000?????thats like________..i cant even find a word for it lol. ok, now that im done i totally forgot where i was going with all of that so well just leave it as a "story" for you lol.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 412
i had to add wwjd because his username was jesuspunk. as for crappy systems i still have one. my comps arent that great by any means, i dont have an amp, ihave 3 blown ones...a mrp 350(when they were called "flex five")...a power acoustik lt980/2 and a lighting audio s1.1000d. but no working one. the only good part about my system is my brahma. i wish i had 5000 bucks to spend on a system. crap i wish i had 500 bucks to spend on my sys. hey rob315 how come you havent become a member yet?

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 36
yea you can dump alot off money into a sound system. you are going to laugh in my face when i tell you what i started out with. i had a box like Trey's, cept called Pitbull or sumthing, Hahaha, no amp or anything, and i thought it was good, well thats when i was broke, its all i could do and it still sounded better than the average system! no dought.. i have put in nearly 9 grand into my system. thats with deals... alot of custom work etc. my brother has 600rms x 2 pyle amp, and my old soundstream subwoofers, and it still kicks!, hes had it for 2 years now and still not a problem with it, i think pyle isnt that bad actually, depends on what you are looking for tho. i run all Holywood stuff, and my db is rated around 154 last i checked?

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 79
ok i have lots of questions lol...when i first got my car i put like 150 into a system...lol...yea it was terrible...sounded good to me though...didnt know anything better..so like rob said...something is better than nothing...for like 150 i got an interfire amp which im still using to run an eclipse Ti and at the time iw as running 2 10inch kicker comp vr's in custom box and how do you all get so much money...well i dont really have a good job..could be the reason...my mom is sending me to a schoool near daytona this summer to learn about all this stuff more i wanna make a career like glass has done with his...and how does everyone spend so much money on this..ive spend just udner 300 and my system hits harder than any of my friends who have spend nearly 2 grand...i dont buy new things though lol...thanks for the compliment Hunter

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 80
was there even a point to what i just posted? lol

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 81
oh yea lol...and i was wondering is there any ways instead of buying new speakers for my car can i just like unscrew the tweeters out of my house speakers that i dont use and put those in my car?...

Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 1
im a member now just cause you asked lol.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 414
nice. i love you guys. yo sub im trying to go to mobiledynamics to learn about the same thing you are...just got to get a 8000 dollar loan :-(.its good to see that you are a member rob. iwas thinking your name was going to be type r (for rob) or something like that. lol. see everyone has had a ghetto system. im sure even glass and jon have had at least one. well they are so old that they were around when hi-fi was invented:-)

Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 2
haha...lol....now glass takes his cane to installs with him..lol..j/k..but yeah i like that name type r. didnt even think about it. but my buzz is increasin so my train of thought went out the window lol. and yeah im sure almost everyone has started out with crap, but hey crap is better than being constipated lmao..(catch what i mean?) i hope im not the only one who gets that lol.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 417
oh i get it. funny stuff i wonder what glass will say when he reads this. if he does, he hadnt been this section very much. oh well

Bronze Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 94
haha yea funny stuff....but hunter where are you going?/....i was talkin to glass and he gave me a ton of sites to go to check out and this place im going is like 3000 for everything i want to talk i think and i can become a certified master installer this summer...thats going to be tight as soon as i graduate highschool next year i think im going to try to look into an awesome career for this stuff...like wolf has done..its bad..but do you know where the best place to go is....i think this place looks tight...check it out...http://www.installerinstitute.com/
...but i would like to go to mobile dynamics but tahts going to be tuff on me my family doesnt have much money lol and it seems expensive lol...p out

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 430
ya im going to mobile dynamics in phoenix arizona. its only like an 8 hour drive for me. yeah i checked out thar place it looks pretty nice. when it comes to car audio schools there isnt much of a choice. i need to get loan to go. thats the difficult part, me only being 18 and working at big lots just isnt going to cut it. they will only loan me half of what i make, so i need a co-signer. my family isnt big on what i like to do so im s.o.l. maybe ill beg myy dad to cosign with me.:-). the installer institute is in florida thats why didnt look into that too much. just remember to have enough money for food and a shelter and a system and you are set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us