\What Is the Best!?!?!?!?!

Anonymous

I'm new to the world off amps and subs. I am wanting to know what IS THE BEST Sub and Amp combenation!?!?! Money is no object. could you please resond thank you for your time and toughts.

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 82
The 18 Inch Eclipse Ti Pro....in my opinion...others will say triple x which is amazing as well...but i like this sub ALOT...and get like 3 of those if money is no object lol and idk what amp will handle it lol....ask glass..new alternator def thouygh

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 153
Yep, the Eclipse 18 T pro's are the subs I would git if I could aford them. lol
I couldn't even imagine what it would sound like with 3000 watt's to each of the 3 subs. You will for sure need a new alternator and maby som new window's:-)
I don't know the amp's to power them, but I'am sure they would cost a crap load!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 422
well if you want loud look at 2 resonant engineering MTs (www.reaudio.com) im not sure how much space you have but that is what i would get. can take massive amount of power 10000 watts easy in comps...and thats a 12. 2 18 will make your face bleed. not just your ears. and for amps look at www.usamps.com they have great amps.

dromoney
Unregistered guest
I have 2 solo x 18s and they hurt me if I turn them up.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 166
Ya, the reason I like the Eclipse better is that they will stil have sq, won't they?
And the mt's are just spl, so they won't sound near as good. Just my way of thinking lol

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 442
actually the ti pros wewre made for spl mainly

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 443
and the mts are cheaper. a lot cheaper.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 168
Well I learn somthing new everyday!
And ya the mt is cheeper, that is crazy asking 1300 bucks for 1 sub!

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 445
yeah i would have to sell my car and my spleen to get one. hopefully a will be getting an mt soon

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3036
The Ti is a more music oriented sub than the Ti Pro. Ideally for a daily application, you'd get the Ti. The problem with the Ti Pro is that it isn't optimized for SQ type enclosures, and doesn't work as well in applications that are more SQ oriented. It also wouldn't "need" 3,000 RMS in a daily application in typical enclosures such as sealed and everyday ported applications, it would reach full excursion before 3,000 watts were reached. It is given that much thermal power handling to handle SPL burps of huge amounts of power. The motor of the sub is extremely strong, but that has a big side effect on SQ, it overdampens the driver. It has a huge overhung motor assembly and a large, higher inductance voice coil. SQ isn't really a huge priority with them, they are a little too sloppy to be considered SQ type drivers.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 170
Nice! I don't even have the money to buy one of them, or the amp to push it. lol
Hope you like it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us