X.X.X vs W7 in a way never never compared before...experts....

Anonymous

okay i know lots of ppl have started threads comparing x.x.x subs and w7 subs and it gets annoying but besides SPL and SQ.... the quality of the sub never gets compared... which sub would last longer.. and to be specific... x.x.x with a 1000/1 JL or say 12 inch w7 with a 500/1 or a 13w7 with a 1000/1 JL ... which motor and complete sub would be of better quality? also does any1 know what the warranty is for a x.x.x??

Anonymous

warranty on the x.x.x is 3 years.

very well built subs. as for how long either sub will last, it depends on the enclosure and how hard they are played.

a would have to say they are neck-and-neck in build quality.
the x.x.x. would prolly be a lil better, JL has the whole "mass production" thing going on...

Anonymous

warranty on the x.x.x is 3 years.

very well built subs. as for how long either sub will last, it depends on the enclosure and how hard they are played.

a would have to say they are neck-and-neck in build quality.
the x.x.x. would prolly be a lil better, JL has the whole "mass production" thing going on...

Anonymous

thanks any1 ese with an opinion?

Rob315
Unregistered guest
i agree with anon. and since everyone else is anon i will be too...lol

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 435
well i like the motors on the resonants, adires, and ascendants. they all use the xbl^2 motors which is one of the best motors you can buy. both are of great quality but jls technology is getting old.(but if it aint broke why fix it?) i think that the w7 is over priced by 200 dollars..

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 97
yea i agree with hunter on this one...they are overpriced by alot...they sound great...no doubt on that one...but so does xx.x and others similar to it with a price alot cheaper...i know someone who bought a 12 inch w7 and a 1000/1 amp and all the wiring and box and sh
*t and spend nearly 2000 grand on all of it...i spent 350 dollers on my system and it still out performs it...but jl is a great company wwith that ive never heard anyone complain of it just quiting for sounding bad after running it for a long time at high volumns...but as anon said they are doing the whole "mass production" thing with them and that doesnt give each sub the perfect attention it could recieve to give it that top notch of excellence

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 98
yea i agree with hunter on this one...they are overpriced by alot...they sound great...no doubt on that one...but so does xx.x and others similar to it with a price alot cheaper...i know someone who bought a 12 inch w7 and a 1000/1 amp and all the wiring and box and sh
*t and spend nearly 2000 grand on all of it...i spent 350 dollers on my system and it still out performs it...but jl is a great company wwith that ive never heard anyone complain of it just quiting for sounding bad after running it for a long time at high volumns...but as anon said they are doing the whole "mass production" thing with them and that doesnt give each sub the perfect attention it could recieve to give it that top notch of excellence

Anonymous

any1 else?? glass or any1?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7432
either one should last you for years.
I bought some good subs back in 89 that are still working just fine, and these newer subs are built a lot better than anything offered in the 80s, so they should, if treated well, last you longer than you'll probably keep them.
I wouldn't worry about longevity for a W7 or anyhting from RE. Either one will last long into your future if they aren't abused by distortion or clipping and such which will destroy any speaker over time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us