Help with amps

Username: Sniperman

Michigan United States

Post Number: 6
i need help picking out an amp fo my infinity speakers. i have two infinity components running 90 watts rms and 2 infinty rear speakers running 60 watts rms. whats a good amp to power them? i also have an alpine cda-9827 receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1194
I'm guessing you want a 4 channel amp? For that, if money is no object, then try Zapco/Orion. For a good value, try PPI. They have some 4 channel amps on eBay. If that's out of your budget, then try Audiobahn A6004T amp. It is very cheap in price and perform well for the money ($120).

Michigan United States

Post Number: 8
that kind of power wont blow these speakers? i dont know much about rms and peak power so im trying to figure it out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1197
You won't blow your speakers from giving it a little extra clean power. They make 4 channel amps that range from 85W - 125W rms each.
Just select the one that's slightly higher than your speakers.
The reason for that is, to get max power with the volume control around 75%. Most HU's will distort beyond and that's what kills speakers, distortion/clipping.
One more thing, ignore "PEAK" power numbers. They don't mean anything.

Michigan United States

Post Number: 9
so if i get an amp that powers 100 watts x4 at 4 ohms then it should power the four speakers good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1201
Correct. Don't buy cheap amps though, or else your mids and highs will sound like a tin can.

Bronze Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 11
can anybody recomend some different brands of 4 channel amps for fairly good prices. i know like infintiy amps, audiobahn, rockford, and mtx are pretty good but does anyone know of any that are not that well known that blew you out of the water?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1210
Most bang for your money is from Audiobahn A6004T 4 channel amp. It costs around $130 and performs very well.
PPI has 4 channel amp that range in price from $200 - $350. Very nice amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us