Quick question, how do I...

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 319
How do would I add text top mp3 songs so their can be a title and text displayed on my head-unit? I know you can add your own titles, but how do you do it? I haven't played a cd yet in my headunit that actually says the names of the songs.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 320
anybody?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 321
?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 198
what kinda deck is it? are you listening to cd's or mp3's? try the display button.

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 110
Just what I've been trying to do! Seems that you need to use proper CD burning software instead of just windows media player to add tags. This wouldn't be for a Kenwood hu would it?

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 201
I use Nero burning software and everything works fine, but my hu is Panasonic. Never tried it with media player cause it sucks.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 323
Yeah, I have Nero actually, but I've never even used it. I am trying to do it with just mp3's, but I thought most new cd's now a days already had tags and stuff added into them? For some reason I thought I have seen friends put non-burned cd's into their cd players and the titles were displayed. It's an Alpine head unit by the way.

Bronze Member
Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 25
use nero and have it look up the tags in the cddb database deal. I used to use roxio or some crap and it never worked for cdtext but nero is my best friend (came free with my computer too)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
use nero and have it look up the tags in the cddb database deal. I used to use roxio or some crap and it never worked for cdtext but nero is my best friend (came free with my computer too)

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 204
2 look up tags with nero you need to be connected to the internet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
indeed.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 325
Alright, thanks guys. I'll use Nero from now on.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 220
I have an alpine and I use music match and my display comes up automatically also!

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 326
Ok, I downloaded an ID3 editor, a program dedicated to editing the id3 tags in mp3 songs. I checked almost every song on my computer, and they all have correct tags. Now how come when I burn them onto a disk, nothing shows up on my Alpine? All it says is the track number, and when I change the display to title or text, it says there are none.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 205
where did you buy the deck? maybe they can help. also maybe alpine customer support can help. check their webpage. sorry i dont know much about alpine.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 327
I FIGURED IT OUT. I feel kinda stupid though. All this time I have been using stupid Roxio's Easy CD Creator, and when you make a mucis cd it converts the songs to cda format. And the only way to make mp3 disks is to upgrade to the platinum version or some horse s**t. Why the heck does dell put programs on your computer, if their not even the full versions. I was so ticked off one day when all the sudden I couldn't use Photobase 5 anymore because the trial expired. I BOUGHT THE GOD@MM COMPUTER, why should I have to pay extra to be able to use the fricken programs.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 217
use nero

Propaganda13
Unregistered guest
I haven't used Easy CD Creator in awhile, but doesn't it have the ability to make data cds. MP3 CD's are just data CD's.
Personally, I use Stomp RecordNow Max, but it looks like Sonic bought them, Roxio, and some other titles up from different companies.
I also use Tag&Rename to put tags on my mp3's. I highly recommend this software. It is the best tagging program I have used.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 328
Yeah. I forgot to mention that I did just burn it as a data cd and everything works fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us