Clarion DPX1001.1 wiring

Username: Kumanan

Post Number: 1
okay i got a Clarion DPX 1001.1 amp. does anyone know how much rms this amp does ? :S
anyways. i got 2 12'' infinity subs (300 RMS 1230 Peak). i got 2 pioneer 10'' with 400 peak and 250 rms i think. all subs are 4 ohm. how do i wire this? can my amp run stable at 1 ohm?.. the connection sockets on the amp look like this

2 ohm min 2 ohm min
| |
------1 ohm-------

should i use my pioneers .. or just stick with the infinitys... and i tried running all them and my 80 amp fuse blew. i got 150 amp fuse near my battery but i have a tsunami splitter that splits into 2 amps and that has 80 amp 80 amp each fuse.

Post Number: 2
Sorry let me re-state that!.. I Want to connect 2 4 OHM subwoofers to my CLARION DPX1001.1 Amp. I know that its 2 ohm mono stable.

Typical 2-ohm Mono Power 1kHz 1000W @ 1.0% THD
Variable Bass Extender Control
Precise Frequency Selector
Adjustable 12/24dB/oct Low Pass Crossover
Subsonic Filter
Remote Level Control Included
Selectable Input Voltage with Variable Gain Control

1000rms bridged at 2 ohms
I know for SURE its 2 Ohm mono stable... but is it 1 ohm mono stable?...

Anyways i attached a picture of the side of my amp... how do i hook up my 2 4 OHM subwoofers to my amp??clarionconfig.jpg

Post Number: 3
Sorry let me re-state that!.. I Want to connect 2 4 OHM subwoofers to my CLARION DPX1001.1 Amp. I know that its 2 ohm mono stable.

Typical 2-ohm Mono Power 1kHz 1000W @ 1.0% THD
Variable Bass Extender Control
Precise Frequency Selector
Adjustable 12/24dB/oct Low Pass Crossover
Subsonic Filter
Remote Level Control Included
Selectable Input Voltage with Variable Gain Control

1000rms bridged at 2 ohms
I know for SURE its 2 Ohm mono stable... but is it 1 ohm mono stable?...

Anyways i attached a picture of the side of my amp... how do i hook up my 2 4 OHM subwoofers to my amp??Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 16
The picture you have has a 1ohms under bridge so I take it that it is 1ohm stable bridged. You will need three 4ohm subs to pull a 1.34ohms load. Hook Four 4ohm subs to pull a 1ohms load. The photo below is for two 4ohm subs. This should push 1000rms bridged at 2 ohms but a lot of amp will not do what they say. Also the watts will be split in between both subs. You might want to look at getting a dual 4ohms sub. That way you can run one sub at 2ohms and put more watts to the sub.
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us