W7

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
ok.. i know this is gonna sound bad but I have a 12inch jl audio W7 in my explorer and it just doesnt hit as hard as i want it to.. i have a friend that has two memphis audio 12's that only peak at 600 watts each and his sounds at least 3 times better than my W7. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what i should do or get. I was thinking about maybe some memphis subs or some kicker or fosgate.. for reference i have an audiobahn a8000t mono amp pushing it and i know audiobahn isnt the best amp ever but its killin this W7. any help is appreciated.

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
just sendin this to the top!! hope someone helps!!:-)

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
just sendin this to the top!! someone plz help!!:-)

Anonymous

im thinkin its your amp thats the problem. try the jl audio 1000/1 amp.

jonathan michael
Unregistered guest
I was thinking the same thing but im serious when i say this amp is killing it! the W7 is moving about 3inches with every hit of bass and its on the verge of distortion

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
any other ideas anyone?

sfdg
Unregistered guest
you should try a vented enclosure...

that will help alot!

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
Could I put a port in the enclosure i already built??? Right now its a sealed box built to the specs on the jl audio site

Bronze Member
Username: Zepp

Post Number: 42
ya, put it in a ported box, itll hit much harder then

and its better to build a box unique to the sub

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
could i just put a port in the top or front maybe or would i have to build a new box with a virtical vent running down the front of the side?

Bronze Member
Username: Zepp

Post Number: 43
well, generally ported boxes need larger internal volumes

jonathanmichael
Unregistered guest
?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 374
ya make a ported box that i is a little bigger than the factory specs. check the gains on the amp see what would make it sound how you want it. just dont turn it up too high

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 375
you will need to build a new box. make the vent on the same side as your sub. try a box that is like 2.2 cubic feet.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumprms

DaltonUSA

Post Number: 79
I added poly-fil to my prefabricated box to make it bigger and added a port. It sounds fine

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 109
remember that a ported box has to to have the port tuned. you can just add a port to your existing sealed box. just make sure to get the proper dimension for the port depending on how many cubes you have.Oh , and by the way, I used a 15" x.x.x to beat the sh1t out of my brother in law's 13w7.they're both in ported boxes.

Anonymous

how big was your 15" x.x.x. box, i built mine at 4 cubic ft but dont have it all set up yet

Anonymous

and did u have to brace the sub once it was in the box?

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 62
ok guys...not trying to steal this thread or anyhting lol but i have put up two threads and no responses yet and im just wondering...does anyone know where i can buy an interfire audio amp online...i cant find anyone who sells them....thanks...and i want a x.x.x how much do they run for DR.MAXX

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 63
lol also...im very confused about this...i have the interfire audio IB2900C..and i have a dual voice coil eclipse Ti and i was wondering how do i wire that and is that amp 2 ohm stable...or what the heck...i cant figure out how to wire it...its confusing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us