Any Ideas?

Username: Mkdsctt

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anyone out there has any ideas for me. I drive a 2003 ford f-150 crew cab, and currently have an image dynamics idmax12, being pushed by an audiobahn a12001dt amplifier. I have the 2 ohm voice coils wired in parallel. It is in a 1.4 cu. ft. sealed box (the one here: http://www.proboxrocks.com/hatchback/112HB.shtml)
for some reason though, it just seems like the speaker doesnt hit very hard. I can see lots of excursion, so i dont think thats a problem... but something just doesnt seem right. For example, my friend has 2 jl10w0's and they kill my system, and his subs are running off of 100 watts rms a piece. I had an audiobahn awp312t before this idmax, and it was the same situation, there was alot of excursion, and it sounded okay, but it didnt hit very hard at all.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 801
chances are its just in the wrong box, also audiobahn amps usually dont put out the power they say they do...

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 322
the id max is not for high spl it is a sq sub. that may be the problem. if you have the money buy another sub. but dont get rid of the id. find a good spl sub. you can also turn the tables on him. play something that will test your sound quality and see if his w0s will compare, which they wont. so you will now have something on him

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 323
oh ya and trucks are not the best at producing high spl numbers, so that is some of the problem. what does he have. an suv or big car?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 408
Michael, I would look into trying a diffrent amp, and seriously consider a new box. That box is definatly not the best for a truck. I would look into building a custom down firing inclosure. The direction you fire your sub in a truck will make a big diffrence in how it sounds. If you would like some pics of one of my down firing enclosures let me know and I will send them to you.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 175
Make sure you have the ground and hot terminals going to the respective terminals on the sub. I think an out of phase connection can reduce your bass considerably. Is that correct?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 409
Upload
Upload
Upload

Interior Decorator
Unregistered guest
Niiice...

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 411
Thanks

Username: Mkdsctt

Post Number: 2
thats a really awesome box, and thanks for all of your help guys. He drives a 98 extended cab z'71, his w0's are downfiring under his back seat. and yes, my sub does sound a LOT better than his does :-D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us