What amp should i get for these speakers?

Username: Tormander

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a 2003 cavalier 2dr and i was wondering what amp i should get for these pioneer speakers.
2x TS-A4670R <--------for the front
4"x6" 3-Way Speaker
120 Watts Max. Power
Watts Nominal Power Handling 20W

2x TS-D690R<------- for the rear
6" x 9" REV-series 2-Way Speaker
Watts MAX. Music Power 330W
Watts Nominal Power Handling 80W

Im not really sure what amp i need in order to get the best quality from my speakers. Also if i decide to get subwoofers in the future would i need to buy another amp for them? Any suggesstions would also help...right now im not sure if this setup is good...i was aslo thinking of having 2x -2way speakers in the back and 1 subwoofer and not replace the front at all or should i install everything? Also recommend me what amp i should get for those speakers.
My budget right now is around $1000
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 143
Hmm, well the front speakers I'm sorry to say aren't that good. I don't know why car manufacturers decide to put such a size of speaker in the front. Max power means nothing in this world, but what you need to look at are the Nominal Power or RMS rating on speakers. Now the ones in the front have a 20watts RMS rating which means your deck will outpower them.

What I usually tell people to do is if they want a better sound than stock, but at the same time not spend a fortune, just get speakers that can handle about 50-60 watts RMS and an amp that puts out 50 watts RMS per channel x 4 channels.

For example for your car you can get any 50 watt RMS per channel x 4 channel amp. Then put Infinity KAPPA 462.5CFP plate speakers (4x6) in the front doors. These speakers have a 60 watt RMS capability. You could leave the pioneer rears because they are higher than 50-60 watts RMS.

This will sound better than what you have now but keep asking maybe someone with more experience will correct me! I didn't mean to pick on your front speakers but if you keep those you are very limited in your options!

Rob315
Unregistered guest
hes 100% right IMO. those front speakers arent the best in the world but they will work off of your deck.(and sound better than stock) and you could just buy a small 2 ch. amp for your rears. but if i were you id look into the cheaper sets of MB Quart. but thats just my opinion.

Username: Tormander

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the replies.

ok i changed my setup now to infinity speakers.

2x Infinity Kappa 462.5cfp 2-Way Speaker (front)
Size: 4 x 6
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Frequency Response: 75-21,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 60W
Peak Power Handling: 180W
Impedance: 4 ohms

2x Infinity Kappa 693.5i
Size: 6 x 9
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Frequency Response: 35-22,000 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 110W
Peak Power Handling: 330W
Impedance: 4 ohms

And for the amp im not sure what to get now.
SHould i get the
RockFord P4004
# Channels 4
50 W x 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS
100 W x 4 @ 2 Ohms RMS
200 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS
Total power 400 Watts

or should i get the
RockFord P8004
# Channels 4
100 W x 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS
200 W x 4 @ 2 Ohms RMS
400 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS
Total power 800

Someone please help. I really dont know much about amps but if theres an amp i should get for these speakers, please tell me! As long as i can run my Infinity Kappa 693.5i at 100 rms and my Infinity Kappa 462.5cfp at 50 rms ill be happy with any amps.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us