Need sugestion fast

nick1085
Unregistered guest
im looking to buy within the next three days 2 pairs of interior speakers for my car. I have a 2000 mustang w/out the mach system, the speakers are 6x8 for the doors and for the back. I have a panasonic 908u headunit and a audiobahn a4004t 4 channel amp. i was wonder what brand and model of speakers i should use for my car, i was looking at infinity and polk but i would like some suggestions to get the best sound out of my headunit and amp. thank you very much

Username: Fire_apfd

Princeville, Il Usa

Post Number: 2
i like kicker and alpine composites personally they sound great and both companies have many to chose from

Silver Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 104
Well first, you said you wanted best sound out of your headunit...I would reccomend changing head units. Panasonic isn't exactly known for their quality car audio products.

nick 1085
Unregistered guest
is the Alpine SPS-570A 5"x7" / 6"x8" Type S speakers any good?

Silver Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 107
I haven't really heard much about Alpine speakers to tell you the truth, so I can't really provide an answer. I've found my personal liking, as well as a few others here, to favor Infinity kappa perfect speakers. It's really up to you and how much you want to spend...

nick 1085
Unregistered guest
i really dont have a limit on how much i am willing to spend. I would rather put in more money to have something that sounds alot better. another question i have, is do all 5x7 speakers fit 6x8 holes or just some of them.

nick1085
Unregistered guest
i also found the INFINITY KAPPA 572.5cf 5x7" 6x8", are these good speakers by infinity

Silver Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 130
Anything from Infinity would do. Their bottom line speakers are the reference speakers, mid level are the kappa speakers and the top of the line are kappa perfect speakers. If you want better sound I suggest going with the Infinity kappa perfect 6.1 component system in the fron and just a pair of kappa 5x7/6x8 in the rear. With the amp you have I would bridge two channels and put them to the front to components so that they get 100watts rms and run the rear speakers off of your deck just as filler. Then if you want to improve on the bass get a 10" sub (something with 300-500 watts RMS) and an amp for it to get you that bump you need!

nick1085
Unregistered guest
I cant find the Infinity KAPPA PERFECT in 6x8 but i was wondering if i can make a 5.25" fit in my door and is $213 a good price for Infinity KAPPA PERFECT 5.1 5.25" Component car speakers?

nick1085
Unregistered guest
and another question i have is that my friend will trade me his audiobahn A8002T 2 Channel amp, should i use this instead of bridging the four channel amp or keep the four and bridge it for the front speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 138
I dunno if the quality of sound will change between a 4 channel bridged amp and a two channel amp but if the two channel amp is 100watts rms x 2 @ 4 ohms then keep the 4 channel because at least you have the option of using the four channels or just using two.

nick1085
Unregistered guest
i have been searching for the infinity kappa perfect in a 6x8 size to fit in my door but i dont think they make that size. can u tell me if they do sell that size and if not should i just buy the infinity kappa for the front or a different brand? thank you

nick1085
Unregistered guest
i have been searching for the infinity kappa perfect in a 6x8 size to fit in my door but i dont think they make it. can u tell me if they do make it and if they dont would u suggest putting the infinity kappas in my front door or a differnt brand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us