Need Help Completing My System

Username: Pbthal

Post Number: 1
Hello, Im looking to finish up my car stereo installation and Im looking for opinions on subs. Currently in my Kia SUV I have

Panasonic MXE 9800 Head Unit
Eclipse 6.5 Comps in the front
Infinity Reference Coaxials in the rear

Power is from the Panasonic and I have a Blackmore "Bazooka Tube" for a sub (Please no flames it was free)

I live near the Arc Audio HQ so I can get a 4150 for 400 bucks and that will be my amp 85x4 @4. Either I will use 2 channels for the front and 2 for the rear or power the rear with the head unit and bridge the other 2 channels of the 4150 which outputs 380 @4.

Now I need sub recommendations, I listen to rock and fusion/jazz. I like to feel the kick drum but I dont want to "bounce" down the street. I want to feel the bass on Rush songs and really hear the kick on "When the Levee Breaks". So that being said would I be better off with a single 10, dual 10's, a 12? Sealed enclosure or ported? Dual voice coil or single? My budget is roughly 400-500 dollars w/enclosure. I am not against buying from ebay either. Thanks for reading and fire away:-)

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 304
i would reccommend the alpine type r. 300 watts rms. its a pretty good sub.it can come as dvc. i think that a good vented box will sound better. you can find this sub everywhere. i think building the box yourself would be good. it will cost like 45 bucks if you buy it from home depot and make them cut the wood. you will need screws, wood glues and some clamps, pretty long ones.and a jigsaw

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 117
The new type r is 500 watts RMS.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 314
oops i didnt know that

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 123
They have two models now... Same price. One is 300rms the other is 500rms. So you werent wrong! =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us