New System

Username: Tommysmith82

Post Number: 1
Hey guys im gonna set up an entry level system for my 95 high top full size chevy van. Van has been converted, Im a quad in a wheelchair. I have a Kenwood 40x4 KDC-4011S and an eclipse 3620 with a 15" Rockford Fosgate punch 4 ohm. From reading reviews looks like I will probably be better off just starting over completly. I would like to stay under $1500. From what I have read it sounds like I would like W7's or Triple X's I am leaning towards two 10" subs. I would like to have punch but music quality. What would you guys suggest and would you go with two 10s or one larger sub. Thanks in advance, Tommy.

Post Number: 2
can someone give me some input plz

Post Number: 3
I guess no one nows huh?

Bronze Member
Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 20
I'd suggest 2 12's because I personally like their sound better than 10's (what I have but am replacing this week) and better than 1 15. As for brand, research what you're looking at and decide. That's what I did and I have a lower budget than you so I chose to go with cerwin vega v-max's. Good luck with your system!

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 29
I have 2 12's and they sound great. Loud clean bass when you turn then up and no distortion. Just remember, you will get cleaner bass out of 10's becase there is less surface area but deeper bass in 12's. 3x's are greats subs and are pretty well known, personally id go with the 12's.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 449
I answered this once but the board keeps screwing up so I will try it again.

First the guys are right about 12s. In an area that big you will need the extra cone area to get good sound. As for a good brand, you can look into the JL 12W3V2, with a JL 500/1 amp. That should keep you in your price range, and leave you with about 800 to spend on the rest of your stereo. That is just a sugestion, it really comes down to personal taste.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us