Would a sony 1600 watt amp push two L7 12s

Username: 16chevy

Alexandria, Mn United states

Post Number: 4
i have a 1600 watt amp and i was juist wanting to know if i had to get a better amp out would.If i do would kind Kicker?????

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 275
sony is know for there name. they xplode. but if the amp actually puts out 1600 rms. is that rms? if not then no. go with a kicker sx1250 or 1200.1 they will do the trick. but if it does than it might depending on the impedence of the L7s. is the amp 1 ohm stable or two?

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 16
a sony 1600w amp actually puts out 900w rms @ 2 ohms. which means its delivering 450w to each sub. i think those subs are 750w rms each. the amp will do but it would be an idea to get a better one

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 394
Keep in mind guys the 12W7 is a 3 ohm sub. So if your going to run 2 of them it would probably be better to have an amp that is 1 ohm stable. Bye the way that sony amp will not do good at 1 ohm.

Glass knows at what ohm rating the amp sees 1 and 2 ohm. I beleive there is a split in between some where but I am not sure exactly what it is.

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 17
arent we talking about a kicker l7 and not a jl 12w7

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 476
That Sony amp will not push those subs. Sony amps are highly overrated and often fry within a few short weeks. Look around on the web for a JBL 1200.1 amp. They're not very expensive and will push your pair of L7's.

Username: Superchevy

Post Number: 8
The kicker KX1200.1 is great for 2 12"L7. Its the perfect amount of power for to L7's

Username: Superchevy

Post Number: 9
The kicker KX1200.1 is great for 2 12"L7. Its the perfect amount of power for 2 L7's

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 397
Must get more sleep. Yeah I read it wrong.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Sony amps do "xplode" my old one was a good seat warmer, its just a accident waiting to happen(car on fire) really. and that sony has really shitty sound quality(and bass). trust me, perhaps a HiFonics BX1500D?

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 43
I have 2 12" Cerwin Vega V-Maxes and my friend has 2 12" Alpine Type R's. Pretty similar amps right? Not with different amps! I have a Kicker kx600.1 and he has a Sony 1200 watt xplode. I am so much louder it's not even funny. Seriously. Not. Funny.

I'm so happy I didn't buy them from him.

Username: Kendracol

Voorhees , Nj Us

Post Number: 2
i have 2 memphis st 1000ds 1100 watts rms at 1 ohm each for sale 550 together. you can reach me at kendracol@aol.com

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 781
thread stealer...

Username: Cheeksnme

Post Number: 1
I have 3 JL W3V2 subs, and i just got a 1000 watt prestige mono block class D amp. would this amp push these subs? i was told the JL's are set at 2.5 ohms. will this amp do the job??? anybody know why this amp is discontinued?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us