CAn i hook up 2 amps with only one amp kit

Username: Ssj_4_vegeta

Post Number: 1
i was wondering if i can hook up 2 amps with only one amp kit cant i just put some rcas in the output of my amp now and put them into the inputs of the other amp i wish to run and not have to run a whole nother amp kit or what would i have to do to run another amp

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 340
yes, you can, but depends on what the amps are used for. If you have sub out feature on your deck and you're planning on using only 1 amp for the subs, then you have to run 2 sets of RCA's. You can also connect 1 set of RCA's to the regular RCA output and then either use one of the amp's RCA outputs to connect to the other amp, or just get RCA Y splitter.

Post Number: 2
but woudnt i still ahve to runa new ground and remote or could i just splice off of that stuff

cuz i tryed to put all four tens on my kicker zr 120 amp and it lowered the ome load to much so i was blowing fuses so i wnat to get another amp to runn all of my tens

my deck has to sets of rcas coming out of it

cant i just run rcas from the back of my deck to the input of the second amd then run a pair of rcas fromt eh output to the input of the opther amp to interconnect them

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 341
yeah, you can do that
You can split the remote line, but you have to ground each and every amp separately

Redgranite, Wisconsin Usa

Post Number: 9
so i need to run another ground wire to the battery?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 399
Do not run the ground to the battery. You want the ground wire to be as short as possiable. (about 18 inches is fine) Find a good spot close to your amp, scrape off any paint and connect it there.

Redgranite, Wisconsin Usa

Post Number: 10
i ment did i need to run another power wire to the battery my bad

Bronze Member
Username: 70el_co

Fort walton beach, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 17
are you sure u can splice your remote turn on wire coming from your head unit in to two wires? and with two amps ground distribution block is recommended, but a common ground is needed, right? is splicing the power wire from batt. to amp discouraged from splicing in to 2 for the second amp? i'm going to add an amp for my component system and i want to make sure i'm on the right track.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1076
Angel, you can splice the remote wire from the HU. The remote wire is not used as a power source, only to turn on the switch on the amp. It puts out 200ma of current.
If you use 2 power distrubution blocks, one for the pos and neg, then you will easily be able to connect multi amps. Just make sure you have a solid ground to start with.
I ran multi power wire and separated my sub amp from the component amp. This way, if the sub ever knocks out the fuse, I'll still have sound.

Bronze Member
Username: 70el_co

Fort walton beach, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 18
so your saying you run a seperate power wire to each amp. and just use a distro block for the negative. and you said splicing the remote turn on is fine because of the low current thats needed to switch on the amp. am i getting what your saying correctly? sorry im being redicoulsly specific but i want to get the wiring right the first time. and not learn by trial and error.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us