I'm looking to spend about 250-350 bucks on one sub. Any sugestions?

Username: Kickerorjl

Post Number: 1
I was thinkin about going with the Kicker solo L7s but I heard they are not to durable.

Username: Tahobird

Mchenry, Il Usa

Post Number: 1
I am installing a system on a 2004 polaris ranger 4x4. So far I have a sony head unit, Lanzar HTG 2400 2 channel amp powering 2 electrovoice evid 6.2-8 ohm speakers mounted to roll bar overhead. I added 1 large deep cycle marine battery. I still have enough room under the hood for 1 more smaller amp. I am thinking of buying the Lanzar opti sl800D amp. to power 2 10" subwoofers mounted in a sealed plexiglass enclosure between the evid 6.2s on the roll bar. I am not sure what subwoofers to buy. They need to be somewhat weather proof and very good sq and decent spl. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 44
try getting an alpine type x. on ebay. by just having their type r products i know that type x would be awesome!

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 288
re sx

Griffin507
Unregistered guest
To the guy who made the first post, don't go with an L7 they aren't durable at all. Even if they were, I am sure there are plenty of subs you could get for that price range that would out perform the L7. I can't think of one off the top of my head but I'm sure someone like Glasswolf could rattle off a few. And to the other guy, I'm not sure any sub is weather proof, I could be wrong but it seems that if they are in a sealed plexi glass box weather shouldnt really be an issue. Even then, I don't think you would be driving this ATV with all the money put into it in real bad weather anyway, right? I can't really say what subs to go with, I guess if it were me I would be going for more SPL than SQ since you prolly won't be able to hear the words that well over the engine anyway. But, when you finish this project, I would love to see some pictures of it as I have always fantasized about doing this to my 4wheeler.

Griffin507
Unregistered guest
To the guy who made the first post, don't go with an L7 they aren't durable at all. Even if they were, I am sure there are plenty of subs you could get for that price range that would out perform the L7. I can't think of one off the top of my head but I'm sure someone like Glasswolf could rattle off a few. And to the other guy, I'm not sure any sub is weather proof, I could be wrong but it seems that if they are in a sealed plexi glass box weather shouldnt really be an issue. Even then, I don't think you would be driving this ATV with all the money put into it in real bad weather anyway, right? I can't really say what subs to go with, I guess if it were me I would be going for more SPL than SQ since you prolly won't be able to hear the words that well over the engine anyway. But, when you finish this project, I would love to see some pictures of it as I have always fantasized about doing this to my 4wheeler.

Loud and Low
Unregistered guest
To anyone who recomends the Alpine Type X, don't recomend something before you even spend the time to look into it. I admit i have never heard the X but i just looked up the specs and i wasn't at all impressed. First of all price at least as Alpine as stated, $550 for the 12". now i'm sure if can be found for around $350 either on ebay or another online store, so lets say its $350. Now compare it to any of the other known supersubs that can be found for around the same price,
linear xmas for:
Type-X 12: 19.1mm
Adire Brahma 12: 29mm
JL 12w7: 27mm
RE Triple X: around 30mm (don't have time to look it up)

And yes i understand that Xmas isn't everything but that much of a difference is there is no point recomending as speaker that is simply outclassed by the others

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 338
the type x is a good sub and you can get it for like 250

its not completly outclassed at all and its cheaper than the xx.x and w7

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 45
I have heard very mixed opinions on the type-x. the type-r's r nice but i wont comment on the type-x. Loud and Low listed a few good subwoofers but unless u kno a good place to go they would probably be out of ur price range. at CBrstereo.com u can get an Orion H2 12" for 280 and onlinecarstereo.com has a JL 12W6v2 for about 340. those r my recommendations.

Username: Kanetier

Richmond, Va Us

Post Number: 4
hey guys i need some help, I just blew my orion h2, now i'm looking for something different. I was thinking about the AUDIOBAHN AWT12X. I found 1 on ebay for about $279. I'm powering my sub with a alphasonik pma1200d amp. any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us