Not getting the sound i wount can any1 help?

Unregistered guest
Hey sup everyone i got 2 12 Xlopds, and a 500watt xplod amp, and i have 2 ported encloser's both have one each mid and high range speaker on the box itself but when i turn up the sound instead of getting the loud ground shakeing bass i wount i get bass that rattles my truck but you can't hear it from a distance and you can hear it with the windows rolled up but it's not loud i have a fact. tape deck and the amp is hooked up with RCA adapter box i have a 97 s10 and both subs are behind the seat and im wonder if it could be. The size of the encloser's?, Because i don't have after market deck? because i didn't wire something up right?
i installed everything myself and i have tryed playing around with the frequnice's and high and low pass filter's but i can't get the sound im looking for i wount the sound that you can feel the subs hitting if you are standing near the truck like the vibrations and everything. If anyone can give me some info plz help cuz i know how to install build box's everything but this just seems to pass right over my head on what to do so info is very much apriceated.

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 37
how loud do you expect sony's to be :-x? For "ground breaking bass" you may want to try some new subs.

Matt.W
Unregistered guest
Lol ya ive heard that one but these are good subs the sound great now i just would like the bass to be deeper im not sure it is the subs i think it is something i did wrong i got a friend who has 2 12 in kenwood cheapo's that hit really hard his amp is less then mine i think around 2 watts and he has seald encloser's and after market deck i can't figure it out lol thats why i was asking. Still would like the help thow ive heard sony's suck sound good for awhile and them break but ive got another friend with the same subs and his hit harder then ive herd other ppls in a long time but i can't figure it out lol so any mre info could be greatly used lol

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 291
You have to be joking right. Your friend has a 2 watt amp, and you think sony's are capable of "ground shaking bass". I'm not gonna knock you. If they sound good, but not a lot of bass, that's all your gonna get. Honestly. If your happy with the sq of the sony's, then more power to ya. By the way, you have the worst english I have ever heard. It took me about 5 minutes to read your posts because they are so confusing. please type slower or something.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 184
I couldnt agree more!

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
1 long run-on sentance. that has to be a teenager, possably 16 at most(i hope).

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 185
not only is it a run on sentence but it is uncomprehendable. I tryed to read it twice and all I got out of it was that he thinks sony's will give him e arth shaking bass and his friend has a 2 watt amp that sounds good.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 114
Two watt amp??? WTF???? A pair of 6X9's prob hit harder than that.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 293
It's gotta be a mis-type. I hope.....

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 115
I hope so also!

Matt.W
Unregistered guest
Its 200watts, yes it is a type o, and I don't have bad English, I was in a rush sorry guys I had to leave for work, and was rushing to type it fast so I could leave.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 780
yea, well, sony isnt exactly known in the car audio world for producing how do we put this...i a reliable top quality product. There amps are highly over rated as well as there subs. If you push anywhere over the RMS power for more then like 2 seconds the subs just gonna die.

Sony makes some desent products in other aspects of electronics, as far as car audio goes...its like the buying a daewoo...

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 150
What model are you talkin about, cuz I was lookin into buying some sony's but everyone talked me out of it. One thing that alot of poeple emphasize about them is that it is critical to build a box to exact spec in order for them to perform properly. Also consider that your head unit may not be cut out for something like this. Im not really sure if I agree with everyone when they say sony subs are garbage, but Id have to say the amps are.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 13
your to do list matt.

1. learn to spell
2. buy new subs

sorry to to say this but sony subs suck major A*s

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us