What happens if the amps gets wet?

Username: Stylnul

Victorville, CA US

Post Number: 2
alright heres the deal, i installed an interfire amp into my g/f's tercel about 3 months ago, its worked fine and all, but then about two days ago after it rained in my area she told me that when she tried to listen to her music it sound all distorted (i have all speakers and sub hooked up to the amp)
anyways, i went to go look at the amp, and i found it soaking wet! i guess the trunk in her car isnt water seal tight cuze the amp was wet, i immediatley unhooked the amp and have had it with me ever since,

the way i look at it, as soon as the amp gets fully dry it should run again, what do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 186
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck with that one Fernando!

Victorville, CA US

Post Number: 3
this sucks, at least i didnt pay for it, my friend gave it to me, i checked it out the retail rpice for this baby is 379.00

i have another amp i can install, but i'd rather much install the interfire

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 18
once electronics get wet they usually dont work right again, if it even works again, what i would do is GET HER TRUNCK SEALED you can do it yourself go down to like autozone or if u have a car stereo store near by and ask them for seal tape basically or sumthing that will seal the edges

Victorville, CA US

Post Number: 5
i unscrewed the bottom plate of the amp today, everything seem pretty dry now, nothing looks fried or anything, i shall try it out today to see if it works.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 337
maybe you could just build a little boat for the amp :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us