Humidity....like lots of rain? Does it affect performance?

Bronze Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 26
I was wondering if subs are affected by high humidity, or any other part of the system for that matter. I would imagine that the density of the air would affect the subs ability to move the air...any comments?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

Post Number: 148
i would say if any, not noticable to the human ear.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 298
Yeah, your probably not gonna hear it. I meen, if it were extreme humidity, like 100% maybe something would happen, but even then I doubt it. Water won't condense on your sub because they get warm, so you wouldn't have to worry about that aspect.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7315
yes humidity, altitude above sea level, and numerous other factors will affect both peak SPL and performance, but none of this is harmful per se. They just have atmospheric effects on the air and how the speakers move that air.
This is one reason that older mics and RTAs used for SPL events had such wildly varied responses and pre-termlabs mics, people would have several dB difference from one event to the next.
All of the above factors affected the mic's response as well as that of the system.

Bronze Member
Username: Eric77

Post Number: 75
Do termlab mics factor in all of these different factors to come up with a constant number that would be the sound at sea level in low humidity, etc.?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us