How Should I Wire This?

Henry G.
Unregistered guest
I have a MTX 400w @ 2ohm, class d amp. I am running two 10" SVC 4ohm subs. The amp has outputs for two speakers. Should I wire one sub to each output, or use the bridged mode. If I did this, I would put both negs in the negative terminal, and both pos in the positve terminal, correct? What would be the benefits of each way, and what would you suggest? thanks

gillie
Unregistered guest
i have a power hx2 dual 2 ohms sub with mono amp how can i make it pound the best wiring tips anyone

gillie
Unregistered guest
i have a power hx2 dual 2 ohms sub with mono amp how can i make it pound the best wiring tips anyone

Anonymous

Henry G. What amp do you have? I assume it does 200W X 2 @ 4ohms. You could wire that way. Does you box have inputs for each sub though? Otherwise,you wire the subs in parallel for brdiged mode. Basically, the bridge positive(probably Left channel positve) to sub1 positive to sub2 positive, and bridge negative(probably Right Channel negative) to sub1 negative to sub2 negative.
Double check your amp for markings or the manual before wiring.

Gillie, stop hijacking threads and start your own.

Henry G.
Unregistered guest
It is a MTX MXA4001. Yes, it has imputs for L and R. It is stable to 2ohms in bridged mode. This would be 400x1.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 295
Yep, wire the two subs parallel to get a 2 ohm load, and then bride your amp. Connect the positive terminal on one channel, and the negative terminal on the 2nd channel to the positive and negative terminals on the first sub, then connect two more wires from the terminals on the first sub to the terminals on the second sub (and it's important to make sure that positive and negative are wired the same on both).

Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 10
Usually when you bridge an amp, it will look like this

/---------------------\
| / \ |
| | | |
*+* - + *-*

/\ \(Empty) / /\

To bridge use the + and - leads(ones with the stars) for both speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
well that dident work out.. lol.. look. Bridging an amplifier allows you to "short" the two channels of your amplifier together into one output channel, sort of turning a two-channel amp into a one-channel amp. Not all amplifiers are capable of being bridged, and those that are will have minimum speaker impedance and connection requirements. so make sure that you make the requirments. Bridging outputs more power than it would in 2 channels. Most people only bridge if they have one speaker, personally if i had 2 subs, i wouldent bridge a 2 channel amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us