Trunk Rattling to much HELP.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Anniston, Alabama US

Post Number: 51
How can i keep it from rattling but it dont have the money to put dynamite down. I need a CHEAP fix.thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 120
Hey man i see your pretty close to me. When i had a car i stuck old cloths in all the holes in the lid of the trunk and it helped some.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 289
Well, if you do have SOME money, you should try edead. I have it in my car and it worked just as good as dynomat ever would. You can get it really cheap right off the Elemental Designs web site.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 53
a real cheap fix is called Ice Guard, or brands similar to it. I believe you can get it from Home Depot or a place like that. it's intened purpose is to insulate corners of a roof, but seems to work well for sound deadening applications

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Anniston, Alabama US

Post Number: 52
how would I put that on to stop the trunk from rattling?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 292
The ice guard stuff goes on just like any other deadener would. It has adhesive on one side that you stick to the car. Not sure if you have to heat up the Ice Guard, most sound deadeners require them to be heated so they get stickier before application. The first thing you should coat is the trunk lid, that was what rattled the most on my car. Next check your tail-lights, I actually had to take them off and completely fill them with foam to stop them from rattling.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 783
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/337124/6

check that link for information...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us