MB Quart 12" in box for $99, good deal?

Bronze Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 19
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-m7jMQ1k87LJ/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=049DWE304S&g=510 &search=mb+quart&SearchDisplay=MB+Quart

droped the price another $30 from the last time I checked. Is this an ok 12" w/ enclosure for entry level? I just happend to see this becuase I was looking into thier component systems.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 20
Also I was wondering why it would come shipped wired to 8ohms? When could 8omhs be used in car audio?

I was thinkin about buying 2 of these, and receive free shipping.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 25
Are these any good?

Anonymous

Cheap sub, small box. They look ok, but nothing spectacular. You could buy one, rewire, test it. You'd probably get your money back on Ebay.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 26
"Look ok"? Dont know if I should buy it becuase I dont know anyone with it, or MB Quart subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumjunky

Boulder, Colorado

Post Number: 45
in general, I've found crutchfield to be a great place to research things becauses it is so user-friendly, but their prices usually are way high...more around MSRP than other merchants. I would suggest lookin' around at other sellers to see if you could get it cheaper there; or for something that is in that price range that you are more familiar with.

I wouldn't worry about if an enclosure is apart of the deal when deciding on a sub...the materials usually only cost $20-30(assuming you have all the tools to make it). In doing so, you know that the box is made specifically for your sub and to your tastes...and you have the satisfaciton of making it yourself...to me putting more time into it makes the end result that much better.

from the message board, the tweeters and woofers made by MB seem to be highly regarded. I haven't seen much said about their subs, though... and I don't have any experience with them, so I can't say much about 'em.

...as for the 8ohms, I also find it weird that it is wired that way. For home audio applications, the resistance is usually higher because power is not as much of an issue. In car audio applications, power is maximized because of the limited supply from the alternator

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2965
Nothing to scream about, just riding on their name. The MB quart discus series isn't that impressive.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 29
I didnt think it was the greatest sub made, but it seems pretty good for the price. I've looked around even on eBay and couldnt really find it for cheaper, even used. So if it was any good, I'd thought I would take advantage of a chance to purchase something from crutchfield.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 37
Is this a dumb question?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us