Amplifier Wiring Problems

GlenCox
Unregistered guest
I have just bought all my components for a bassy car system an mp3 head deck, 2x 500 watt rms 12" subwoofers and a 800 watts rms 2 channel amp. I am waiting to get my car next month so I thought I would put everything together in my room using a 12 volt battery. I had everything wired up correctly and the problem that arose was when I turned up the volume the subs no longer sounded bassy, they just sounded really distorted and horrible, not much bass was being produced.
I have fiddled around with the high and low pass filters on the amp but have not had any success. The only thing I can think of that I have done wrong is not using big enough wire, as I have not yet bought an amp wiring kit or anything. Can you please give me your opinions on what you think could be the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers

Rob315
Unregistered guest
how about........not wiring up car audio inside. unless you would really like to burn your house down. your probably better off just waiting for your car. patience is a virtue.

GlenCox
Unregistered guest
I got some thicker wire and my subs are going better now without distorting so it must of been the lack of power getting to the amp. There is just as much of a chance that I'm gona burn down my house as burning down my car so why not try it if I can? :-P computer power supplies also work to power a head deck lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us