Can I use an American AMP in Europe??

An American In Holland
Unregistered guest
I'm an American girl living in Holland, and I've just bought a new CX. I'm figuring out my system now for the car, and I'm seeing how wildly different prices are between the states and here! Does anyone know if amps are the same here & there? For that matter, if I buy my entire setup from the US, will it work properly in Holland?? This is what I'm looking at now:
Alpine CDA 9835, Boston Acoustics SLs or Phoenix Gold Titanium 5 Elite components, pair of Phoenix Gold R12 woofers, and Phoenix Gold Octane R 8.0:4 - 4 channel amp. HELP PLEASE!!

Username: Jode

Post Number: 9
no problem. i live in germany and buy stuff out of america to. 12v is 12v any where you go. :-)

later brian

American In Holland
Unregistered guest
Awesome! Do you have any problems with ordering things off off eBay stores, or customs?? Thanks Brian!!

American In Holland
Unregistered guest
That's awesome, thanks Brian!! I was wondering also if you have any problems ordering from internet stores like Ebay, or any customs problems, and if you get crap from shops here not wanting to put it in for you since you didn't buy it from them??

Username: Jode

Post Number: 10
i put evrything in my self so there i dont have any problems. if you order stuff from ebay in the states you normaley have to have it paid for and shiped to somebody in the states and then have it sent to you, even then is it is still cheaper to buy it there though. dont forget the taxes you will have to pay when it comes to holland to.

American In Holland
Unregistered guest
Well Brian would u like to hop a bit over the border and put our system in? ;-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1113
Hey American in Holland, you shouldn't have any problem with the installation. I am sure people there won't care where you bought it since they're getting paid to install. You could say you got it as a gift.
If you're going to order things from eBay, check their ratings. If it's close to 100% then they're safe. However, do look at their last 6 month feedbacks. That'll tell you their pattern.
Also pay by paypal using your credit card. Don't pay with paypal from your bank account. If your transaction ever turns out to be a fraud, then your credit card company will give you credit right away and fight the crook. Paypal sucks. They want you to first fax tons of paper and personal info, then mail that again. Then wait 3 - 6 months for result. And even then, they will provide no guarantee. In other words, don't trust paypal, they really suck.
One important thing, always email the seller first to see what they charge in shipping. Most will list only for USA.
If you ever find a product that is only available in the USA, email the seller still. Lot of them only say that on the auction but will ship world wide.
BTW, weren't you that "Girlie Girl" on here?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us