I have a jeep.with a lot of money in audio in it..tight fit..but what security system should i get to protect this please help

help me
I have a jeep.with a lot of money in audio in it..tight fit..but what security system should i get to protect this please help

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
well im assuming its a soft top jeep but i would use any alarm that lets you add on sensors and i would drill holes and put n.c. pin switches in anything that comes in contact with a solid surface and also use an ultrasonic/microwave sensor and infra red also you can put dual stage shock sensors near your speaker boxes and amp so they canpick up any vibrations near the equiptment.
i have a viper alarm and the are part of the largest in the world both for quality and reputation they are part of D.E.I and that parent company makes the alarm systems for most all domestic factory alarms found in cars sold currently.
the website also has good support and information for ongoing product support.
the rolling code system im sure is not unbeatable but is a very secure and well designed system and simply buying a replacement remote isnt enough and each new remote has to be programmed to the viper and the code changes each time you arm/disarm your system which is somewhere in the billions or beyond in changing codes.
plus you can do other things like add remote start, roll your windows up and down,lockand unlock doors, open the trunk, turn accessories on and off sometimes with just a simple relay and in other cases an add on module so rather than have a keychain full of transmitters and remotes you can use only one remote to do all the things people add on their vehicle but aside from the extra's it is first and foremost an alarm and a good one at that.
hope that helps.
jay

Bronze Member
Username: Gecko

Post Number: 16
I would probably suggest starting with a clifford matrix 2.5 or 3.5 (3.5 has remote start but otherwise is the same) It is made by DEI has a two way remote so it pages you and lets you know what sensor is going off.
Then add a proximity sensor, backup battery and siren, crank up the shock sensor, and you should be set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us