Looking for a sub that'll hit hard

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 159
Currently I have a Jensen and Orion sub, While they both sound great. They don't really hit hard. so looking for one in my limit that will. My price limit is $150 eBay price, 12" by the way. It will be powered by a MTX Thunder 311D

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 160
Was thinking about a Rockford Fosgate PUNCH P212S4 STAGE 2 for about $90 on ebay, anyone have any feedback on this item?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 226
why dont you go with the ed 11k.v2 or the shiva. im not too found of the punch series or any sub that rf makes

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 161
Mind giving me a link where I can get either one? I did want to get a shiva but cant find none on ebay. But if its in that price range from a online store then I'll get it.

Bronze Member
Username: Xxx

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 18
Shiva is dual 8ohm, and you've got amp that puts out 300rms at 2ohms!!So you need a dual 4 ohm, 300rms sub! Try Alpine TypeR, I've got one, hits pretty hard!

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 162
Thanks for clearing that up, Type R's are easy to find at least. If I dont hear anoyone else give an opionion on another sub by the end of today then I'll go with the Type R.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 140
I heard 1-12in type r with a alpine amp running it this morning in a tahoe and it sounded really good! I have also heard pretty good things about them before I heard this one.
James

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 227
www.adireaudio.com

yeah they are dual 8.

www.acoustic-visions.com

these guys payed for shipping on my brahma good people

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 228
www.edesignsaudio.com

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 163
What about a JL Audio W0? Could get one for $50 off of a friend. Need to know ASAP though. How does this compare to a Type R?

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 164
Nevermind, Found out a Type R would be better. Cant get that ed link to work Hunter.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 19
TypeR has double Xmax and double power handling of a W0! TypeR would definetly be louder! SQ? hmmm, maybe TypeR again

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 35
I have a friend who had 2 type-rs and now has added two W0. 12 inch all around. From what i have seen and from what he has done to them then the type-rs would probably be better overall, but he listens to his music loud and while the W0's could take it, the type-r's surround began to tear. he got them replaced tho. if u want loud punishing bass then it seems like the W0's could take it better, but the type-R beats it out other than that.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 238
niether can i. lol, try www.edesignaudio.com

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 88
Sounds like your friend was clipping the hell out of the Type R's. They arent very found of it.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 165
Still probably going with a Type r at the moment, How does the Type R compare with an ed 11Kv.2?

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 166
Won a Type R off of ebay for $116 shipped, alright price?

Alpine Type R SWR-1221D

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 141
very good price! Good decision over the W)'s. Although I am a big JL fan I despise the W0's they are junk! bottom line. Every company has there crap line and w0's are jl's. good decision with the type r. good luck.
James

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 168
Thanks, I should get it Thursday. I'll post once I get it all hooked up to let ya know how it sounds.

Also, Thanks everyone for your help.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 169
Sorry for another post but I forgot to ask this, How would the Type R perform in a dual bandpass box with a orion sub? Reason I say bandpass is because its the only box I have at the moment, I do know their not that good.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 150
get a bigger amp.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 20
You've bought a dual 2 ohm sub!! This won't work with your amp!! If you wire the coils in parallel you'll end up with 1 ohm and your amp isn't 1ohm stable, in series you'll end up with 4 ohms and at 40hms you'r amp puts out 150Wrms! I've told you to get dual 4 ohm! It's the model SWR 1241D

I'd go with ported box rather than that bandpass!

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 171
Do you really have to end a sentence with a exlamation point each time? lol, You never told me which Type R. The auction I got it off of wasn't really detailed about it anyway.

Doesn't really bother me since I got other amps laying around.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 21
Told ya :"So you need a dual 4 ohm, 300rms sub! Try Alpine TypeR, I've got one, hits pretty hard! " :-)

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 172
Yeah, Alpine TypeR you told me. No model. Didnt think there was more than one model. so assumed it was 4 ohms.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5740789767&ssPageName= STRK:MEWN:IT

Plus as you can see in the auction it doesnt say its Ohms. So once again figured it was 4 was they were all the same.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 22
Bad link, but if you've got other amp you'll be fine! Let me know when u hook it up

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 178
Hey I got it today, How should I go on wireing it?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 169
Assuming it's dual 4 ohm, you'll want to wire it to 2 ohms, again assuming that you're amp handles a 2 ohm load.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 179
It's dual 2 ohms. Is there any wire diagrams or anything that'll show me which way to wire it?

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 23
http://www.alpine-usa.com/
There you can download a manual with wiring diagrams, if you don't find it give me your e-mail and I'll mail it to you

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 180
Found it, Thanks. Won't get to test it out untill tomorrow though.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 24
On what amp?

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 109
Recommend a sealed enclosure for that sub

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 181
Will it sound decent atleast in a dual bandpass box? Only thing I got at the moment and dont really feel like spending money on another box at the moment.

And I was gonna run it off of a Phoenix Gold Xenon X400.1 instead of that MTX amp.

Bronze Member

ZagrebCroatia

Post Number: 25
Just be carefull with the gain on that amp, it puts out little more power than you need.
I would stay away from that bandpass box, it was probably made for some other sub, doubt that it would sound good.
Make the box yourself, it ain't that hard, materials would cost you around $30

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 182
Yeah I have made a couple boxes for friends but really dont have the time to make one for awhile. I'm thinking about just buying a dual sealed box. Anyway I'm gonna give it a try in the bandpass today and see how it sounds. Might not be as bad but we'll see.

Silver Member

Saint Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 188
Got around to setting it up today, damn loud. Made my rearview mirror fall off lol. But yeah quality isnt the best since its in the bandpass. It'll do though untill I get a dual sealed box. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us