No sound out of other sub???

Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hey, my installed my brothers Sound system, and it works great. Its a 300w x2 2 channel amp. I connect one 12(of the 2) and then the other, and it puts out sound but a wierd sound. if i unplug an RCA jack from the 2, either one... the speaker preforms how it should be, deep continuous base!. if i bridge the amp with both it does the same wierd base sound, wwhich is hardly noticable, and when i take one of the speakers off and just bridge one sspeaker, it has the same deep base again, i do not understand a bit...? ive run both channels seperatly off both outputs on the amp, so the subs are find and the amp i just buaght and its fine. when i run both of Those subs it messes up, anyone have any theories because i do this for a livin and im stumped???, i think its inside the box...

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 481
When you bridge them do they both look like they're working proparly? You prolly just have the subs out of phase. On of the wires going to one of the subs switch the positive and negative.

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
no, positive and negatives are all properly set, trust, i think it might be inside the box where the problem ism, cause i run both seperatly and they work fine, when i run them together they put out sound but totally crappy sound.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 483
Yea just switch one of the wires. You might have accidently switched the wires inside the box. I've done the same thing before. Is your bass distorted or are the subs moving and working fine but just very little bass.

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
yea u were right, right after i posted my last msg, i took out my subs and a wire was switched, i bought them off a buddy so he must have out them in wrong when he gave me it, thanks tho, u were on the right track :P

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
haha.. switching the wires also costed my bro about 340$... to replace a new back window in my van, :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us