Help, please!

Username: Cg0424

Post Number: 1
I'm sure I have everything hooked up correctly. The reciever functions fine, the speakers in the car play, the amp powers on, but I am not getting anything from the sub? I have double checked everything. Anyone have any ideas? What can I check?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 167
check rca cables and gains and xover freq. Maybe head unit has a sub level out that is muted. What kinda stuff you got?

Post Number: 2
Aiwa: with the sub out turned on.
Pioneer 200w amp
Pioneer 12' sub

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 171
All new stuff? Has it worked before? Does the light come on on the amp? The proble is either deck, amp, wiring, or speaker. Try to hook up another speaker to the amp. This will tell you if it is the speaker or not. Dbl check all the wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 27
i think it could be the RCA cable bcuz the way you describe it everthing is ok except the signal. or it could be that the bass is turned off by the head unit. If the subs are not new they could be blown or the RCA input on the amp is bad. soory i cant help out nemore i just cant think of nething else that could be wrong. let me know what happens.

Bronze Member
Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 28
By the way r u sure that the wires from the actual sub itself are connected to the inner part of the box?????

shanester
Unregistered guest
im wanting to put a good system in a 2003 chevy extended cab some say infinty some say others help if you have this setup also are punch xlc's anygood

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 172
sorry shanester. you cannot put a good system in that truck. the factory head unit has the computer built into it. If you take it out the truck will not start.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 364
WHAT??? Yes you can put a stereo in a 2003 chevy truck. Not to mention chevy has used the same head units for years and the brain is not inside of it.

Thats beside the point. If you want to do a stereo and leave the factory deck, all you need is a line out converter.

Shanester, I would go and listen to some stuff. It really comes down to what your taste are. I would figure out how much you want to spend, and start listnening to stuff in that price range. Once you get a better idea start a post asking for sugestons, and changes. It will be alot easer for us to help you out if we have any idea what you are looking for.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 996
Robert, there's a simplier way to test your sub. With your amp turned on and subs hooked up, attach the rca cables to the amp. Now with your finger, touch one of them lightly. It should produce a humming noise. If it does, then it's fine. If you hear nothing, try the other cable. One of them should induce some kind of sound. If you hear nothing, then your subs aren't hooked up or the amp is in protected mode.

shanester
Unregistered guest
i looked at memphis and jl audio also infinity i also like focal for the front and by the way i put a pioneer 9600 it with a gm buss interface guess what my truck starts and when you unplug it it still starts all you lose is a chime somme cars lose gauges,abs,chime,etc ive been with gm for yrs please will someone respond with the quality of these products who dont have strret gloww or zits im not into hacking my stuff up thnax

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 174
You may need to turn the gain up to do isaac's test. Good idea isaac.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 175
sorry shanester. the quality of the afore mentioned products are excellent. unfortunately, they will sound horrible in that perticular vehicle. and yes, at first all you lose is a chime. then the lights go out, then the brakes, and then you lose your engine one cylinder at a time.

If you want good info start your own post. This is an amplifier thread started by the guy at the top of this list.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 387
all you loose is the chime, and the dome light. The ECU is still in the engine bay. You will not loose the engine.

Not to mention stereos can sound really good in a truck. If they are installed properly.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 388
Oh yeah I would go with the focal and Jl audio stuff if I was you. Thats the same set up I am about to go with.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 176
lol

Post Number: 3
I have solved my problem, but I'm not sure how. I unhooked everything and rehooked it again. The sub "miraculously" started working. I didn't change anything. Oh, well. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us