Pioneer DEH-P3500 and sub question

Unregistered guest
The box of my CD Player seems to imply that a mono sub connection can be made to my deck because it says "Sub Woofer Drive Capability, MAX 70W x 1ch/2ohm."

The rear speaker leads from the deck can be used to drive subwoofers as diagrammed in the install manual, but it doesn't show how to hook up just one subwoofer.

Anyone have experience using this deck to also drive a sub...what connections did you make?

I was thinking about putting both (+) L&R rear leads to the (+) of my sub and both (-) L&R rear leads to the (-) of my sub...will this work (the rear outputs are mono when in sub-drive mode from the deck anyway)? Or are there two particular leads that I have to use in a bridged connection that is somehow not explained in the manual.

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Zepp

Post Number: 13
a max of 70 watts is really only an rms of 30 or so, not nearly enough to drive any decent sub

if really want a sub find a cheap amp on ebay (300 watts or so) and i guarentee you will be much happier

Unregistered guest
Thanks. I was trying to avoid an amp because my vehicle is 24v and my 24-12v converter is too small to power a large amp. I guess I'll just live without bass.

Finally talked to someone who knows these units at Pioneer...he said to wire it up mono you just use one side (violet wires). You're right, that's not enough juice to power a good sub.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 116
What kind of vehicle you drive?

Unregistered guest
Turbo diesel Land Cruiser.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us